• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Operation Flashpoint 2 Pics Revealed!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LogRus

CHECK THIS OUT!
http://ofp2.lobogames.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=22

imagethumb_9.jpg
imagethumb_8.jpg
imagethumb_2.jpg

Wow! They will be done by 2005 :p. I don't know if anybody out here played this game, but this is the ONLY game I found to be more realistic out of any other games out there that looked more like Cartoons rather then, well.. "real".

A little History
This game has about 4,000 AddOns to it!! (or even more) Like vechicles, helicopters, planes, islands, weapons, and MORE! They can be found here: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng and that is just on 1 site! Amazing huh?

I've myself been in this game ever since it came out in 2001 and only left playing it 24/7 this x-mas of 2004 cuz I've spend extremmely too much time on it :D. I'm still playing it occasionaly but not very much, waiting for the OFP2 to come out.

I've been there under name Spetsnaz and in these clans:

1. [CCCp] - (2001-2003)
2. [X] ----- (2003 - off till Ofp2 comes out)
Basicaly [CCCp] merged with [A.F.H.]...

Recognize me? ;)

I know there must be somebody here who knows how good this game is...

Last edited:
wow i can't wait for this. bf1942 does nothing for me nowadays (as u said, it is cartoony and unrealistic). thx for the info.

Yep I love OFP. trying to get multiplayer is a pain cause of the long wait times but I'll definatly be looking into the new game :)

Pifft.. they coulda at least given us decent screens to look at.. not just thumbnails

Last edited:
Blia bez pizdi krutaia igra !! Ia v Canade samuu pervou kopiu kupil. Eshe kogda tol'ke Evropeyskaia versia vishla. Nu a igral ia pod nickom RedArmy konechno:D

PS. Good game.

RedArmy said:
Blia bez pizdi krutaia igra !! Ia v Canade samuu pervou kopiu kupil. Eshe kogda tol'ke Evropeyskaia versia vishla. Nu a igral ia pod nickom RedArmy konechno:D

PS. Good game.

Ì-äà... I've also had this game from the start, but till I've got to know the whole game I thought it's boring and IGI was much better for me then.. I was totaly wrong.. It's like comparing a Pokemon to a cool movie.

Anyways happy to see you guys here, and anybody who didn't try this game yet, if you'll just start playin'g it.. you'll love it.. make ur own Missions or Campaigns (Mission Editor is SO easy to use and is included in the game!), create ur own addons, Multi-Player, and one of the best things that I love is flying.. no confusing controls, press forward, and move your mouse! :D...

Hmm ya dumayu chto ya paprobuyu OPF. Moy bratan igral etu igru, on skazal chto eto ochen horoshaya igra. :p

Think I;m gonna go dig through some bargain-bin meybe I can find the original. :D

~peace

sHape oF gReY said:

Think I;m gonna go dig through some bargain-bin meybe I can find the original. :D

~peace

LOL

What can I say... Ó÷èòå Ðóññêèé! Ìû çäåñü íàäîëãî! :D

I hope you'll be able to get in the multiplayer game during the gameplay by the permission of the Admin, or just if everybody would vote that he can get in. That'll help in battles clan vs clan and also you won't have to wait 30 mins or so till the game will be finished.

Last edited:
yeah those pos thumbnails suck thats horrible though i am looking forward to this game hopefully they will make the intended ship date

DayUSeX said:
yeah those pos thumbnails suck thats horrible though i am looking forward to this game hopefully they will make the intended ship date

They do, but at least that's something since.... what? 2 years? :)

Unlike in other games.. I absolutly suck at flying the planes in OFP.. I just can't seem to do it for some reason. Oh I'm a sneaky ******* when it comes to attack helicopters and hiding behind hills and flying below tree top lvl at 200kph but put me ion a plane mand I'll either crash it or get shot down in seconds.

Lusankya said:
Unlike in other games.. I absolutly suck at flying the planes in OFP.. I just can't seem to do it for some reason.

Heh, I did too, and I believe almost everybody did. And the reason is real simple. I believe that all of us are making just one same mistake, as we take off we only fly UP ("E" key or move mouse up). But as only you take off try to make your plane fly straigh about 10 meters from the ground to get your speed @112 or so, because when you fly only up you lose all the speed and start to fly "lower then the tree top lvl" :D. Well and then it's just very easy.. as you get all the speed you need just do wutever you want, but keep in mind your speed must not be lower then 110 while you're in the air, otherwise you'll just kiss the ground ;).
Hope this helps, as I've had exactly same problem untill my friend who also had same problem showed me how to do it right when we been playing Plane Frenzy in multiplayer, LOTS of fun then after you'll learn :).

Originally posted by Lusankya

Oh I'm a sneaky ******* when it comes to attack helicopters and hiding behind hills and flying below tree top lvl at 200kph but put me ion a plane mand I'll either crash it or get shot down in seconds.

LOL, that's what I've had to do while other tried to take off w/out waiting for me :D.

I use a joystick for flying.. I seem to stall rather easily.. dunno perhaps it was my joystick... I'll have to try with my new one.

Hmm perhaps its time to play this once again..

My only beef with all the addons is youhave to download like 5 different addons for every mission you try to download...

Flying planes in OFP is NOT FUN !! Futhermore, I doubt the secon OFP will carry the same enthusiastic feeling to it.

RedArmy said:
Flying planes in OFP is NOT FUN !! Futhermore, I doubt the secon OFP will carry the same enthusiastic feeling to it.

Well, then I guess you didn't try it much, because after you get used to it (uh.. must take less then 1 minute :rolleyes:) then i'ts LOTS of fun.. depends on a person of course ....

BTW, did you visit this website yet : http://fun.bistudio.com/ ?
User Name: guba
Password: dentist

Many funny pics there :D

Info from http://www.bistudio.com/.

Tried flying something like this yet? :D Author of this plane was looking for the textures, I think he already found them.
sotw82.jpg

Last edited:
corrosion231 said:
That game is the #1 game played when i have lan parties. We play the living hell out of that game.

Yep, here's my favorte thing to do during LAN Parties :p:

sotw83.jpg

Last edited:
OMG is right.. Those are Sukhoi Su-35's..

Hmm and not very good ones either.. the tail radar is too fat and the cockpit canopy isn't that pronounced.

And yes I know this from hours of modeling it in 3d myself

Back