• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Me Set This Up!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Ok the most extreme cooling ive done b4 is water cooling. But now i want to get a prometia mach 2 setup. here is my system specs:

Athlon XP Mobile 2600+
2X512 of PC4000
DFI Infinity Nforce 2 ultra 400
120GB harddrive
52X32X52X16 CDRW and dvd combo drive
550W Antec PSU
Arctic Silver 5
Radeon 9800 Pro
Real big aopen case like here :

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-130-141&depa=0

and of cousre the prometia mach 2 with amd easy mod here:

http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=120199&Product_Code=9290

My question is, does that link to the prometia cooler i gave you come with EVERYTHING i need to set it up? Does it come with instructions, i have watched toms video using it probly 10 times.(not that i like toms, but cool video) And, will i need to cut any holes in the case, couldnt i just open the side and use that?

Is there any reason why it wouldnt fit on a dfi infintiy motherboard?

It would be a HUGE help if someone could answer these questions, and please give me tips on anything i should be aware of. Thanks so much in advance.

Definatly dont buy a Mach 2, the mach 1 will do the same temps, but for half the price.

The kit comes with everything you need.

I would gow ith the Mach I as well, the MachII will give a few degrees cooler, but to me it isn't worth it.

Anyway, the MachII or MachI comes with everything. Intructions, seal string, everything.

You will have you cut a hole in teh bottom if you want your case on top, otherwise it should be fine with the side panel off.

ok thanks, im gonna go ahead and get the mach 2 since it is newer and a few degrees could mean the diff between 3ghz and not. Ill leave the side panel open as i have no problem with that. Thanks alot you guys.

5 degrees is worth ~400$ to you?

You should just buy a mach1 and regass it with r507, that will be a 20C drop, and it will only cost you 150$ for the r507 regassing.

See, ive never done this before, i dont know what regassing is and i dont know what an r507 is.

Hey, the prometia mach 2 i gave the link to above, does it come with a case? It has a pic of it sitting under a case. Does it come like that?

Back