• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is a MCX462-A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fldrice

How good is a MCX462-A with a 80mm Delta Model: FFB0812SHE 68cfm 48.5dBA? I don't quite understand the diferrence between the MCX462-A, MCX462+, and the MCX462-U.

the swiftech heatsinks are good, but they arent pure copper, only the base is, thermalright hs's are much better, the slk-900, slk-947, and sp-97 are all very good choices

The MCX-462-U will work on P4's and Socket A motherboards that have the four mounting holes...It comes with some allen screws and a couple of plates that you attach to the heat sink to P4 boards.

The + has a thicker copper base, If I am not mistaken the MCX 462 + has a 1/2 inch copper case as opposed to a 3/8 copper base for the MCX 462-U.

I would assume that the "A" is for socket A motherboards.

They are good heatsinks...Not quiet as good as the Thermalrights...But good none the less...I really like the MCX 4000's...I get excellent results with them...I have seen the Vantec AeroFlow rated better than the MCX 4000 in some comparisions...But not in mine.

I just did a comparision of a few P4 heatsinks and the MCX-462 U was better than the Vantec by 3C using a 80m/m Enermax adjustable fan.

I just bought two from the classifieds and sold them to friends who were running the stock heat sink and fans.

But if you are considering buying a new heat sink...The Thermalrights are a better choice.

I may have a bad one, but my Thermalright SLK-800 is not as good as my MCX-462-U...By 2C.

Back