• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Older ATI Tv Tuner card freezes computer on startup...little help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

I found an older ATI TV tuner card not too long ago. Its a PCI card that requires the AMC cable which looks like an IDE cable. You plug the one end into the TV card, the other end into the video card. The video card i have is an ATI RAGE PRO built into the mobo. When i hook it up, the computer gets past the logo screen, then hangs. I can still move the mouse, but it just sits there at the wallpaper. This is windowsME and its the test rig in my sig.

Ive used this card before problem free, just not recently since AMC is obsolete and i have an ATI Wonder VE, and the new video cards have no such support for AMC. I figured i could use this older card in my test rig just for TV as im working on my main rig, or gamming through it onto the monitor and such. Basically to give this older card some more use. This computer functions as my newbie linux box, answering machine, mp3 jukebox. Nothing big. Any reasons as to why this is happening?

Back