• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiplier of 13 turns out to be 5 - Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMDdude

I have a mobile 2500 and an ASUS A7N8X-X. In the BIOS I have the full rage of multipliers all the way to 17X; however, when I select anything above 12.5 the system runs underclocks. For example 13 is 5, 14 is 6 etc. Any ideas on how to run faster than a multiplier of 12.5?

AMD processors have 2 multiplier ranges, 5x-12.5x and 13x-17x. Dont ask me why they sepperated these, but they did. If you want access to the higher multipliers you will need to blow one of the physical bridges on the cpu itself, but then you wont have access to the lower multi's. Try overclocking your fsb, 220x12.5=2.75ghz, which higher than many chips go, and 220mhz isnt asking too much from good pc3200. Mine does 245mhz fairly easily.

Thanks for the fast reply. The problem I have is that my RAM is a few years old and will not go much faster than it is rated (PC2700). As a result, the multiplier is my only option other than tossing the RAM. Any idea where I could find the procedure to exceed 12.5 multiplier?

Im kinda lazy right now, but try the search button, it has been asked before, but it has been a while since the last time.

Thank you very much! I guess it is time to strip some speaker wire. =;-)

Back