• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best place to buy windows? I need an OS ASAP....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zxlr8

I am looking for an oem xp pro or xp home. Any help is greatly appreciated. edit......oops did I say that on here...?;)

Yes you did, don't do it again. -eobard

Btw: Cooling was not the appropriate place to start this thread.

I am joking.....I was hoping for better prices than newegg.....anybody? And whatt is the advantage of xp pro vs xp home?

Last edited:
Haha

Ok first of all, that is more $ than newegg....and besides that tigerdirect is one of the worst places to buy anything off the net. Thanks anyways...:mad: :rolleyes:

ya i wasnt sure about the us tigerdirect but i have buddies that use tigerdirect.ca exclusively and it is just in markham which is a couple of hours away so pretty quick shipping

thanks anyways...
mods...I am trying to get an answer as soon as possible and there is no traffic in here.....thanks for nothing.

www.pricewatch.com

If by chance you happen to already have the CD for XP, all you need is another Certificate of Authenticity - these are considerably less expensive, for some odd reason. But there are also sellers listed at the above site who will sell you the CD as well.

As for the differences between XP Home and XP Pro ... Pro supports large networks, and SMP for starters. There are many other differences - are you familiar with the SEARCH button? I'm certain you will find answers.

Good luck.

zxlr8 said:
I am joking.....I was hoping for better prices than newegg.....anybody? And whatt is the advantage of xp pro vs xp home?

XP Pro supports 2 CPUs, Home only supports 1.

I don’t know if you in college or not but they usually sell it at ridiculously low prices. I got my copy of Win XP Pro for $10 + tax at my campus book store.

Wow, its $90 here. You guys are lucky:p

But I get a bunch of MS stuff for free when I offically enter my engineering college:)

Metallistar said:
I don’t know if you in collage or not but they usually sell it at ridiculously low prices. I got my copy of Win XP Pro for $10 + tax at my campus book store.

jlin453 said:
My campus store stores Windows XP for $5 or $10 too :D

Best price at my collage is more than the cost at CompUSA!!!!
I think I need to transfer for a week.

XP pro for $10?!! you have to be kidding me. I will have to make some phone calls.

Back