• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Network Installs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freddie

Hi, i am going to ask my school if they want folding@home to be installed. Now there is a good chance that they will say yes. But i would like to know some information about installing it. They use RM CC3 (win xp) and install programme by msi scripts. Now i have found an msi script in the ultimate install section, however i am not sure if it installs it as a service, as if it does not then they will never meet deadline (1.7p4's) as most of the time they are idle with no one logged on. Could you tell me if the msi script installs it as a service.

Yup, the .msi, service install by DGROMS, and the other service install from the Aussies all load as a service. There is no point to putting up an installer that doesn't load the service 'coz you'd why borg if the machine is just going to run the console or *shudder* the GUI client?

Good luck with your school. If you get a definite *Yes*, I can make you a single file One-Click.exe with what ever username you want.

If they are running a W2K or W2K3 server, they could use the Active Directory to push out the .exe and run it on reboot.

Wedo

Back