• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

re:Epox Nforce2 Ultra 400 EP 8RDA3+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irishfanatic

Registered
re:Epox Nforce2 Ultra 400 EP 8RDA3+

Does, or has anyone on the board use this mobo? I've read a few of the posts in the AMD mobo forum, but was hoping that someone could give me some pro's and con's. I own a small pc maintenence/custom case building company that I run from home, so matching up hardware isn't an issue for me. However, even though I've known what overclocking entails in theory, I'm new to it in practice.

I'm contemplating replacing my Gigabyte GA 7VT600, and this is one of the four that I've narrowed it down to. In the past I've just looked for a stable board with a few extras on it, but since I've started doing more video/pic editing I'd like to have something that I can overclock. Nothing wrong with the board I have right now, and actually it's been rock solid since I installed it. I don't play many pc games, so it's not as though I need an overclocking monster. Just something to give me a decent amount of overclock-ability while still being very stable with my video/advertising work.

Thanks in advance for any input.

EDIT-Might as well post the other three mobo's that I'm considering.

SOYO SY-KT600 Dragon Ultra Platinum
ABIT nFORCE 2 Ultra 400 AN7
GIGABYTE nForce2 Ultra 400 GA-7NNXP

Last edited:
I used to have that exact motherboard until a month ago when i killed it by my own stupidity.

Its a nice board and i never had anyproblems with it, but since replacing it with a NF7-S v2.0 i cant help but feel that my old epox was a bit of a dog in terms of Nforce 2 performance.

It just dindt use to feel that fast even when using my overclocked althon 2500+.

Its a nice board, but not the best.

In terms of overclocking the 8RDA3+ is very hit or miss. You might get a good board but you might not. I would highly suggest getting the Abit NF7-S or DFI Infinity.

I've got the 8RDA3+, with my m2400-xp running at 2.65GHz @2.0vcore... only thing that it won't do is post multi's pass 12.5. I find that it's reasonable cause I can't get to the higher FSB with better memory modules. PC3200 Corsair Extreme Low Latency will work @ 235FSB with 2-3-3-7 timings. it's really not a bad board overall.

Techmasta said:
In terms of overclocking the 8RDA3+ is very hit or miss. You might get a good board but you might not. I would highly suggest getting the Abit NF7-S or DFI Infinity.

Good suggestion Techmasta, especially since I just logged out of NewEgg after buying the Abit NF7-S along with a 2600 Barton, and 512k of Crucial 3200. The hardware I'm using now will give my office system a nice facelift.

Back