• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Read This Now!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dcfan60

Guy. OMG guess WHAT???? I just discover somethign FREAKING sweet. I was messing around with the pin MOd for voltage found on http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
and I discoverd one thing that after I set my defaul voltage to 1.85 my CPU temps went down.. I was like no way... I tryed it in 2 diferent comps and it worked too I had my both bartons @ 2.2 Ghz 1.85 55C full load and now its 43 Full load on one and the other is 42C full load with 39 no load. IDK why but it seems to work and if some other ppl find this they can benefit from it. Please post and tell me if it worked for you. I will test this on a 1700+ XP very soon

Are you sure that you just didn't get a better thermal paste application the second time around? I find it hard to believe that setting the voltage by a pin trick would result in lower temperatures than setting the CPU at the same voltage in the bios. It is possible that the bios overvolted the CPU a lot, and setting the voltage manually just put it where it should be. Doubt that though.

Where are you getting your temps from? Could be that your motherboard sensor is on the fritz.

I know that is what I was thinking but it is the same paste same ambient temps same setup. I tryed it on 2 diferent comps and it work on both dunno why... I took the pin mod of and it runs @ 55 Full load again

Im using the MB temps and the Asus Probe temps. I also touched the heat sink andthere is a big difference between Pinmod and no pin mod. My mobo always reported 1.85 V for the core I just oced one of the machines ot 2.25 with the pin mod @ 43 full load and B 4 is only got to 2.18.
I know it sound all weird but that is why I ask other to try it.

hmm, that seems odd.

If its running the same voltage before and after the mod shouldn't it have about the same heat output?

its should that is why it is weird and I would like others to try it out see if I am wrong which I should be but then again Itryed it on 2 computers. soo... IDK

Trying it on other mobos would prove that temperatures are affected by actual voltages not the way they are set.

It's really logical when you think about it, a switch is a switch, it's the oven that gets hot.

huh?

I am missing something here I think. How exactly do you do this trick? I will try anything once.

musk

Go to that link he posted. In the top selection bar switch the first one to Socket view, the second to Barton, and the third to whatever Vcore you want. Set your CPU voltage in your bios to auto. Take your processor out and drop thin wire in the holes of the socket the guide said to. Put everything back together. Then your processor should post at that voltage. I'm not sure if this works with mobile Bartons or not. Wait until somebody confirms the compatability before you do it.

if i wasnt on my way to bed i would try it.im at 53c and 1.75 v and i could use more volts and i could use the better temps.but my problem in this experiment is that im already using the pin mod so how would raising the volts lower my temp?

well my 2.26 at 1.8 is at 35-37 idle and befor it was 34-35 and load was 38-39 b4 and after it is 39-40 with the pin mod. that is a vcore uo of .15 from 1.65 to 1.8 and the multi from 15 to 17x. So why didn't the temps go up very much if at all. O yeah ambient stay's the same down here in my basment 24/7

Back