• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Couple of Questions(Mandrake 10)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

belorsch

Folding Monk
I have dabbled a little with Linux in the past. I want to do more than dabble now so I have a couple of questions. I have pretty much decided on Mandrake 10 and have it installed.

1. Can anyone tell me how to turn off the screensaver when I lock the OS. I have figured out how to turn it off so it doesn't come on when idle but it still comes on when I lock the OS.
2. If I decide to make this a server for Folding thin clients does Mandrake play nice with LTSP?
3. Do any of you IT people know if there is a call center(free distro) type application(ala HEAT, Remedy) for linux and specifically Mandrake. If I could find ways to use Mandrake for work all the more experience for me:)
TIA

2 things that stop me from running Linux at work are Remedy and and Exchange client. No, there is no Linux Remedy client that I've been able to find, but there is a Java based web client.

electromagnetic said:
2 things that stop me from running Linux at work are Remedy and and Exchange client. No, there is no Linux Remedy client that I've been able to find, but there is a Java based web client.
Thanks for the info. I thought this thread was just gonna die with no responses.

Back