• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DooM losing to Super Mario Bros in Title Fight?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alacritan

What the hell is THIS?

Everybody better start voting DooM, because this is ridiculous. Who would even bother comparing the two? SMBIII is a rehash of a rehash of a crappy old console game, whereas DooM was the original kick *** 3d FPS (Wolf 3d and System Shock weren't popular or good enough). DooM still kicks most new FPS games asses. Games like Breed and UT2 and PC Halo. So go vote DooM!

I voted for Super Mario Brothers 3. Thanks for the link. I'm surprised you're 20, I would have figured you for <16.(no offense)

It's just that most older people appreciate the old school video games. SMB3 was revolutionary, the whole idea of a "game map" was never really seen before this, it had an awesome plot, cool sounds, lots of colors, and a really catchy scheme to it. Run, jump, stomp. FPS games are so blah, they're really all the same, Wolfenstein 3d gets the credit for that field, and I'd say SMB3 gets the credit for sidescrollers. So yeah, I vote SMB3.

SMB3 wasn't revolutionary. It was the THIRD game in the series. The addition of a 'game map' is hardly revolutionary. And it had no plot, mediocre sounds seen in two previous games, the same music and mostly the same look as the other games in the series. DooM was THE FPS game that made everyone take notice. And DooM has better music by far. I can't believe anyone would try to tell me E1M1 wasn't better than all of the Mario music combined. I burned the DooM soundtrack onto CD and listen to it in my car.

I voted for Super Mario Bros 3.

There's also a poll for greatest game at http://www.gamefaqs.com/

Vote for SMB3 :cool:
smb3.bmp
:attn: :attn:

Get your console propaganda out of here! This is a PC only website you damn commies.

computers are used for console game design
dunno.gif

Mario 3 is a legendary game. It should be in history books. Do you guys remember that movie about the Nintendo contest with mario 3 in it? The warlock or whatever it was called?

The guy comes on to get Doom votes and ends up just getting more Mario 3 votes. Mario 3 > Doom. I love the Mario series, have beaten all the games countless times, but still play.

Alacritan said:
Get your console propaganda out of here! This is a PC only website you damn commies.

This is an information forum. Not a PC only forum. :rolleyes:

While Doom help create a genera, Mario has been with me since like, 1989, when I got my NES. So I have to vote for the plumber.

I voted Doom. I spent many more hours on Doom then SMB3, not to say SMB3 wasn't great in it's own right. BTW, Doom is winning the poll now.

I voted SMB3, though Doom was a great game, I had ben playing the MSB series for near 7 years before I touched DooM.

its funny how that comment was not brought up, DooM is 5 years the Junior of SMB3 in todays world thats like Comparing Age of Mythology to WarCraft 2,

How many times have I played through Doom? Too many to remember. Before I even had the full version, I played through Knee Deep in the Dead (Episode 1) numerous times. What's to stop you from playing Doom more than once? I still play it occasionally.

Back