• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DooM losing to Super Mario Bros in Title Fight?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doom and HL always have my vote; afterall, doom was my first pc game :) And to all those who love mario, SNES' Super Mario Allstars has all the 2d super marios (or you can just get an emulator and roms :rolleyes: )

ADDED: Sweet, 1st on the third page :beer: :clap:

I wish the poll was separated into PC and console games.

I think the "best game poll" they have at gamefaqs.com right now is more legitimate and more exciting than the one on gamespy.

the current battle is between final fantasy and pitfall, and it looks like the ff fanboys are in full force LOL

www.gamefaqs.com

Im predicting Legend of Zelda to beat SMB 3 in the championship
(if the fanboys I mentioned earlier dont foul up the polls)

I finally gave in and voted for SMB3...why? Because it should be closer than this. Super Mario Brothers doesn't deserve to be raped simply because it came out ten years before its competitor.

This should be a close battle between two of the biggest juggernauts the gaming industry has ever seen. Instead SMB3 is being swamped by endless hordes of 12 year old CS hackers. For shame.

I agree, if Gamespy even touched on a fraction of the real gamers out there SMB3 would be much higher,

those who are still playing games after puberty, and have learned there is more to live then one genre.

HL was a good game, and this race should be close, but since FPS is the most popular PC Genre and gamespy is a PC gaming site mainly any other game has no chance, if you look at how the show down played out you see many great games not make it because of not so great newer games being paired with them

illwillchill said:
I wish the poll was separated into PC and console games.

I think the "best game poll" they have at gamefaqs.com right now is more legitimate and more exciting than the one on gamespy.

the current battle is between final fantasy and pitfall, and it looks like the ff fanboys are in full force LOL

www.gamefaqs.com

Im predicting Legend of Zelda to beat SMB 3 in the championship
(if the fanboys I mentioned earlier dont foul up the polls)

I don't know, GameSpy made you login to your account before voting, and it seems that gamefaqs is only using cookies.

Seems to me a script would be very easy to write. I mean how does a big site like Gamespy only get 10k votes for the best games and gamefaqs gets 50k for each game. Me sense some cheating.

I agree, if Gamespy even touched on a fraction of the real gamers out there SMB3 would be much higher,

those who are still playing games after puberty, and have learned there is more to live then one genre.

HL was a good game, and this race should be close, but since FPS is the most popular PC Genre and gamespy is a PC gaming site mainly any other game has no chance, if you look at how the show down played out you see many great games not make it because of not so great newer games being paired with them

I don't even think its an issue of console vs. pc. I just think its age..period. How else does Halo beat Quake, how does Starcraft lose to DiabloII.

Wow, SMB3 won by only 2 votes! I was kind of surprised that DOOM was beating it, but I dont mind since I wanted SMB3 to win anyway.

EDIT: I guess I was kind of late on that one..:rolleyes:

Ive played and beat both, and i can beat super mario 3 in less than 30 minutes, no lying!! no kidding!!!

anyways i vote supermario 3, i think its a much funner game, and its replay value is through the roof, i'd rather play supermario 3 rather than doom 3 anyday

That was a tough match, I would have voted for doom had i found the site in time. Oh well. =P I'm surprised half life won it all though. My girlfriend told me it sucked and she's huge into games (Can't get her hands off UT2k4 atm) I dunno what I would have picked for the greatest game of all time though if I had one choice.

Back