• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bout to buy a mobile 2500 soon...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chucky Da Pwner

Which should i do:

1. Buy it at excaliberpc.com and get the guaranteed stepping of IQYHA 0348XPMW

or

2. Get it at newegg and get a random stepping

There are so many CPUs sold by newegg, no one can tell what you'll get from them but the price should be lower especially when you add excaliberpc shipping charges.

It comes down to if the price difference is worth it for you.

I think the steppings all perform very similarly. I know 2 people who've achieved 3.1gHz+ with subzero cooling and AQYHA 0346 XPMW....which some say is not a good OC'er...

C

I've seen IQYHA's do 2.9GHz on air; I doubt that a single AQYHA could do that. And the later AQYHA's are turning out even worse; they do "only" 2.4-2.5GHz on air. The $6 difference is well worth it IMHO.

If it's only 6 bucks, I definitely go with excalibur. That being said, if you don't have excellent cooling and nice RAM/PSU, then you won't be getting it up to 2.9 on air anyway...

I thinking of getting a mobile 2500, is this IQYHA:0348XPMW the best stepping out there for a cpu?

Back