• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best Nforce2 IGP Micro ATX board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Asus is not bad, also look at the Epox and the Shuttle.

These boards don't have the full O/C ability of their bigger brother, but they fit into smaller places.

I have been looking for a microATX board too, and after looking around, it is almost worth just spending what little money I have and buying a ATX case and then upgrading the board later. Asus, Abit, Gigabyte; none of them have microATX NF2 boards right now. MSI is the only company I've found so far that has that chipset. The board is called the K7N2GM-L and have the NF2 chipset on it. Unforunately, it doesn't have any of the BIOS programs that MSI is known for, CoreCell etc. I'm looking into the board have just emailed a rep. to see if I can get that board with all of the features on it and maybe a different BIOS. You can look into it too. I'll write back if I find anything. I haven't looked at Epox yet, you might try their web page.

enduro said:
I have been looking for a microATX board too, and after looking around, it is almost worth just spending what little money I have and buying a ATX case and then upgrading the board later. Asus, Abit, Gigabyte; none of them have microATX NF2 boards right now. MSI is the only company I've found so far that has that chipset. The board is called the K7N2GM-L and have the NF2 chipset on it. Unforunately, it doesn't have any of the BIOS programs that MSI is known for, CoreCell etc. I'm looking into the board have just emailed a rep. to see if I can get that board with all of the features on it and maybe a different BIOS. You can look into it too. I'll write back if I find anything. I haven't looked at Epox yet, you might try their web page.

Ill prove you wrong on that, right now.

IGP mATX ASUS.

http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socketa/a7n8x-vm/overview.htm

:D Oops, sorry bout that. I didn't even see that board. Thanks for the info, I'll have to go look at it. I looked at the Epox site and they have a new micro board coming out this month. YESSSSSS, and it has a 400mhz bus on it with support for Dual DDR. There was a review for for their current micro board, the EP89GMI at

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=29&threadid=1119197

Sorry about the long URL, but I haven't figured out how to put a link in yet. Good review on the board though. I'll wait for the new one to come out and see what it can do. Sorry again about the wrong info:( . I emailed MSI just now and am waiting for a reply and I'll write back if I find anything.
Oh, (PMS) fishy, two questions, how do you post links, and how do I save this post so I can reply to it later( I think they disappear after a day or so) Thanks.

Never mind about the link problem, I guess it just turns into one by itself. Cool.
Just looked at the A7N8X-VM board and it looks great. I emailed Asus to see if you can overclock the board and looked at some reviews for it. Some people had trouble with the board, and some love it. Although, the guy that hated the board was probably a stupid Abit fan, because he couldn't spell at all. Almost had to download a new font to understand him ;) . Anyway, good luck searching for the motherboard.

enduro said:

Just looked at the A7N8X-VM board and it looks great. I emailed Asus to see if you can overclock the board and looked at some reviews for it. Some people had trouble with the board, and some love it.

I have that board in use. It is a nice, reliable board. But be prepared to run at the Cpu's stock speeds as there are NO Overclocking options.

But it is nice and reliable:).

Al

Back