• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

iwill wont allow me past default cpu speed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Subzer0

hi, im new to IWILL so maybe im overlooking something but no matter what i do ,[up the fsb in 1 mhz increments or more,and the same with mutiplyer] it always goes backwards apon reboot.i have looked at the L1 bridges and infact i have tried 2 different cpu's,both axia 1.2 C "9"s.....what can it be?
at auto it comes up as 1200, then i try to up something and it goes to 1123mhz????????????????
any ideas???????

I dunno, I have the kk266 and never had any problems getting my changes to stick. Maybe give them a call

how about the jumpers? i have it set to 133mhz.do i leave the jumper on or off?the manual doesnt say anything about it being jumperless though................

Whether its set to 100 or 133 wouldnt matter, you should still be able to change the FSB in single mhz increments. I can only think your CPU is locked somehow. Although I have the AXIA9 also and had no issues with it.

ok is it possible that my 1.2 is actually locked even though the L1 bridges appear to be joined????????? has this ever happened b4?
the funny thing is it happened to both my cpu's and both appear to be unlocked. and on that if it were locked would the bios allow me to still change multiplyer settings or would they be shaded out like the intel mobo's????????

You can still change the multiplyers even if the chip is locked. I had the same problem when I thought that I had unlocked my 850 Tbird but I didn't have a good connection between all the bridges.

I would take a pencil and go over the bridges even though they look connected. I had a 1.13that I got a while back that looked to be unlocked but when I looked at it with a magnifiying glass there were small cuts in all the bridges.

Good Luck.

Back