• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow, talk about willing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerberus2k7

Drifto Mexicano
I just ordered a Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer - Revision 2 from performance PCs for $15 and I don't even have a 9800pro yet. :D

I love my 9800P w/ the arctiv cooling V1 silencer.

LOL..

"Hunny--I just bought the lug nut to that corvette ive always wanted, so ive got to have it now!"

Will do Xplos!ve ;) I'm just going to have fun spinning that fan while it's sitting on my desk! :p

lmao i do that all the time, getting my 92mm delta sensflow soon then ive gotta try and save up for a zalman fan bracket and fan mate so ill be doing that shortly!! it annoys me coz to buy a fan mate and zalman bracket on their own it costs more than to buy the cooler kit for a 200+ XP but in that u get a fan mate fan bracket lump of copper cooler and loads of other stuff and it works out cheaper!! im gonna get that and put the copper cooler on my gfx lol

I have the base from my Volcano 7+. Need to find something to use that for. Maybe a south bridge heatsink?

eXCeSS said:
"Hunny--I just bought the lug nut to that corvette ive always wanted, so ive got to have it now!"

:clap: :attn: haha :D now i rememberd why I bought that brick for 20 years ago, It's the start of my mansion.

My dads and my'ns policy is whenever we go to the range to some target shouting, if we pick up enough of the same type of shells, then we need to get that kind( didn't go over well with mom though)

lol

lol its OK i made my mom buy my 9800pro...call me spoiled i call myself the unlucky child when my mom bought my sis a 4k car and sent her to niccerauga for a week with her cluby thingy WHEN ALL I GOT WAS 180$ worth and she made my dad by me mouse which was 50 so it evened out...NOT lol gl i hope u get the pro,also maybe LAP it while u are waiting to make u feel "like its the card in ur hands that is waiting to be overclocked

ooh...does it really need to be lapped? Maybe i'll pick up a lapping kit from somewhere online. There is so much stuff i want to do with my computer! I wish I had a money tree in my closet :(

:p

Xplos!ve said:
lol dnwe all cerberus :/

Well said, I for one agree with that :D

Seems like every week i need something to satisfy my
overclock, stability, improvement's ext ext ...
And you would think that companys make enough
money off us lot ;) ...

Anyhow, I just did a similar thing.
I just ordered a Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer :attn: "Unsure of revision yet"

Ordered it before 12 noon so it would qualify for next day delivery !
Then got confirmation email stating next day was on the card's but
then i looked at my parcel tracking link and to my surprise it says
Expected delivery 13.04.2004 :rolleyes: I forgot it was easter weekend :bang head ...

So now i gotta wait, Ohhh how i hate waiting :(

"EDIT"
Oh and does it really need lapping ?
If it looks feels and measures not quite perfect what do you recomend i lap it with ?
I don't think i have anything "Tools' ext" lying around anywhere
to lap a heatsink properly, What do you guys use "Paper glass ext ?

same here m4d lol i thought my new delta sensflow wud be here 2 day, oh its easter i thought 2 myself, good week of waiting now....waiting....still waiting....hey im still waiting....IM STILL WAITING ARGHH!!

M4D said:
If it looks feels and measures not quite perfect what do you recomend i lap it with ?
to lap a heatsink properly, What do you guys use "Paper glass ext ?[/I]

M4D,

YGPM.

Dave
[email protected]

M4D said:
to lap a heatsink properly, What do you guys use "Paper glass ext ?

i'm on the same boat as you. And I really don't get the whole glass thing. how do you use it when lapping?

The goal of lapping is to get as flat a finish as possible; this is ONLY possible when the substrate below your sandpaper is flat as well.

The glass provides about as flat a surface as anyone can obtain on a common basis at a reasonable cost. Glass manufacturers make their glass to remarkable fine tolerances considering the medium. If you will use a small piece of glass with a solid resonably flat surface underneath, you'll do just fine. Example: use your fine sandpaper on top of glass, with the glass on top of a kitchen countertop or heavy wood cutting board or similar.

The entire process really isn't difficult. Overclockers has a good tutorial (and review :D ). Feel free to email with any questions that you might have, I'd be glad to help.

Dave
[email protected]
www.easypckits.com

Back