• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deepcool Infinity LT520 vs ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 vs Lian Li Galahad 240

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xagonyx

Hello! I'm currently looking for a replacement AIO for my main rig (i7-9700k) and an air cooler for my backup setup (i7-4770k). Recently, my Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 stopped working, the pump was making rattling noises and I had to move the case around to get it to start. It's quite dissapointing that it failed after just two years, particularly because this is the first time I've experienced an AIO cooler dying before the 5-year mark. I've started the RMA process (I believe the new 6-year warranty is retroactive) but they haven't responded yet (it's been 4 days) and I can't wait two months for it to finish since I use that PC for heavy workloads.

Anyway, after checking the CPU Cooler Tier List, I found the following models available at local stores:

AIO Tier 1:

• Deepcool Infinity LT520 240 - $127.06
  • Deepcool LS520 240 ARGB - $142.88
AIO Tier 2:

• Cougar Aqua 280 ARGB - $83.83
  • EVGA CLC 240 RGB - $113.40
  • ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 - $124.40
  • Lian Li Galahad 240 Black ARGB - $129.71
  • ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 - $143.86
Air Tier 2:

• DeepCool Assassin III - $119.07
Air Tier 3:

• Noctua NH-D15 chromax.Black - $155.97
I have read only positive reviews about the DeepCool LT520, so I'm considering it. However, the prices of the Cougar Aqua 280 and EVGA CLC 240 have caught my eye. Since there's a possibility of having a spare Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240, I'm interested in trying something different, like the Lian Li Galahad 240. As for my backup PC, I have heard that Noctua is releasing an update this year, so I am leaning towards the DeepCool Assassin III.

Are there any important details about these models that I should know, such as pump quality or warranty information? What would you recommend? Thank you in advance!

Most of these units have the same pump in then in the first place (asetek). I don't imagine the differences between the three coolers you selected to be much, really.

As far as an air cooler for a 4770k, a simple cooler master Hyper 212 is a good and inexpensive option.

DeepCool Assassin 4 will be released soon, maybe in a month. Actually, they offered me a review sample.

I find those cooler tiers a joke. Some are exactly the same, but in a different package and are different tiers.

I have no confirmation about any new high TDP cooler from Noctua in this year, and I talk with their marketing quite often. Probably will be delayed.

DeepCool AIOs are pretty good, but I can’t really see the difference between their coolers and anything based on Asetek (so like 30% AIOs on the market). The main difference is aesthetics.

DeepCool and Arctic (and I believe Lian LI) are all companies that doesn't use Asetek. That said, I still think the differences between models in performance won't impact you much. Buy based on things like noise levels, appearance (if that's important to you), warranty, and price.

The warranty seems important considering that we often hear about problems with AIOs after 1 year+ of work. Sometimes it's worth paying some more as long as the product has a long warranty. I guess that Corsair has the longest warranty - 5 years, but their products are expensive. Most other brands have up to 2 years.

Corsair and some manufacturers directly from China (usually cheaper brands) don't use Asetek. However, most other well-known brands do, like ASUS, ADATA, EVGA, MSI, Phanteks, Fractal, NZXT, Thermaltake, and many more. If you aren't sure or it's not described, then Asetek always has the same mounting kit. I guess the bracket is almost the same for 6-7 years.

I was testing DeepCool LS720 not long time ago (maybe 2-3 months ago), and it was about as good as ASUS Ryujin II 360, while the ASUS cooler costs nearly twice as much. DeepCool was also very quiet and generally good quality. The LT series has a different top, but everything else seems the same, so I assume it performs the same as the LS series. I was thinking of asking for an LS520 sample, but I needed 280mm AIO, and DeepCool doesn't have anything new in this size ... and they offered new (not yet released) air coolers, so I will check how they work in the upcoming weeks.

Back