• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazy Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prankstar008

When I first got my computer (like 3 days ago)
I overclocked my Athlon mobile 2500 to 2055 MHZ I didnt want to go any higher because its not broken in. After I did that I was getting the same temps as before 35 Idle 42 priming. Today I overclocked my video card and now my processor is running at 45 under load! The case temps havent changed at all (26 degrees)
Im using a Thermalright slk 947u with a 92mm smart fan. I have a lian li case with a chiminy fan 2 front intakes and one exhaust...what gives

If i do that I will only have exhaust and no intake at all...Is that bad...also, i used the thermal compound that came with the hs not the tube of AS7 that i have somewhere...would it be worth wile to switch compounds? and if so, how do i clean off the old one?...oh dear my teams just hit 46...BTW remember ive only OCED it less than 200MHZ because i havent borken it in yet...Does overclocking the graphics card have an impact on processor temps?

Yes that is bad, the fans will be fighting eachother for airflow. Having intake and exhaust is best.

The case temp may be read from somewhere away from the CPU and the APG card - overclocking the video card may send more warm air towards the CPU and your case temp doesn't pick this up.

I would definetly use AS instead of generic thermal goop. Using a lint-free cloth and alcohol to clean off the CPU and HS base is a good idea. I use an old t-shirt sometimes though.

I don't know why you are worried about breaking it in... It doesn't matter how quickly you overclock it. Overclocking it today or two weeks from now makes no difference.

So letting the AS sit for a while and move into place wont lower my temps?

EDIT: powering off to put on teh AS5....this is so wierd my temps just keep randomly changing....im at 38 idle now.
EDIT: Put on the AS5 and im priming as we speak..the temps are climbing more slowly allready... My 9800 pro is at 403/347 and i havent pushed it any more than that....yet...tamps seem to be 34 idle...40 priming...AS5 pwns

Last edited:
Just bumped it up another 200MHZ still runnin no jigher that 43 while priming

EDIT:BTW this corshair xms ram is holdin up great...so far im at 180 FSB and the fastest timings

EDIT: never mind....the ram sux....wont go any higher than 180 or prime95 fails after 30 sec

Last edited:
Back