• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New system for MAYA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTac02

This is the story:

There is this college called DMAC, near me. Im a freshman, and Ive built 2 pc's, the one i built on december for my cousin which was 2.4c at 3.4, used to be my dream pc. I finally have $1000 to make my own pc. My current one is a dell 1.9 willy 768 pc2100 gforce fx 5900 ultra, with dvd burner and 120gb hdd, so ive got 3 parts already :) .

Now, my dad is a graphic designer and uses maya in his g4, which him and that DMAC school claim is the best pc for rendering :/ . As far as i know i can make a dually with 1gb ram, thats faster than that. Since ive waited so long to build my own pc, I want to make a killer pc at once, maybe not "killer" but something like a dual system, thats really fast for rendering, and of course games etc.

The problem:

Ive got $1000 and fx5900 ultra 120gb hdd and dvd burner
I want a workstation kind of pc
New technology like TEJAS and pci-express are coming

What should i do.

Since I didn't know what Maya was or does... I had to look it up.

Maya is a high-end 3D computer graphics software package used in the film and TV industry, as well as for computer and video games.

Mac is very good when used for graphic design. But, I know the P-4 is excellent for video rendering and I suspect it would out perform a Mc in rendering, especially if overclocked.

You don't have much choice with Intel dual proc systems. The dual proc Asus mobo and a couple Xeons is the best bet. I think you'd be better off getting a IC7 Max 3 and 3.0C and then spending the extra cash on other things.

Hey guess what, I was forced to use my laptop as a desktop til i get a new pc:

MY dell is crapping out on me, killed my 2 rams, and i duno wat else :D, after trying for a week, and reinstalling OS 5 times

My new setup is:

600mhz celeron, 128mb ram, 19in monitor, mx700, 10gb hdd, 16mb video. Ill take ANYONE down :p

IC7-MAX3, 3.0C-Overclock, Macs are best used for video editing. Not actual rendering. At least, that's what Full Sail and UAT, as well as Disney, Blizzard, and Pixar think.

Ive heard of Full Sail, its in orlando ( im in west palm )... What do you know about it, is it popular? must be...

BTW, the college im talking about that has like 2000 g4's is called DMAC .

Back