• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking to put a heatsink on my 5900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Permanoob

I built a computer for a friend recently and we ordered a low profile volcano 10 and it turned out we didn't need it so she let me keep it. Wondering if it would be worth it to fit it to my evga 5900se. The cooling it has already seems pretty good.. as is the nature of most of us here though I'd like to eek out a little more.

Anyone have an experience with this or opinion?

This is what it looks like currently

14-130-179-09.JPG

i would sool it more if i where you

i mean the chips are just passive (if your gonna overclock)
but i did that and i ruined my card and now i am timid to do it again

I am thinking about doing the same thing you are. Although the stock cooling is excellent. I have completed two of these mods sucessfully on a ti4200 and ti4400. I am thinking about using a stock intel fan and heat sink on my 5900.

Last fan/heatsink mod I did on a video card was on my old TNT2. Still have it, it's got a 486 heatsink/fan on it. Worked like a champ.

I think I'll go ahead with it. It's a fairly sweet set to throw on there for free. Going to have to pick up some good thermal epoxy and re-seat the ramsinks. Maybe try and rig something to go on the back to draw some heat there.

Any suggestions on some kind of a heatsink on this type of backing?

backram.jpg

Back