• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Caller ID/phone software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

Hi everyone, im in dire need of some software that will take use of my voice modem and use it as a phone and caller ID most importantly. Awhile ago, someone started a dispute with me one nite, and it got legal. They are dead wrong, they know it, and wer taking them to court. Well these people are horassing my girlfriend since she lives closer, calling at all hours, and she does not have caller ID. I figure rather making her go out n get one, just use her modem. Also so she can log the calls. They were calling me awhile, but stopped. Id like the software as well, since itd be cool to see whos calling me without stumbling to the phone at nite and nocking it over and all.

Need for both win/lin platforms. Thanx eveyrone

Remember that your girlfriend will still have to subscribe to callerID from the phone company for it to work on her line.

There is one caller ID program (might be a answering machine one with caller ID) that forces the person to punch in there number before it can go through. I can't remember what the name is... I tried so many. Anyways, this was meant for people without caller ID on there phones.

Thats awesome....god thatd be soo useful right now, im being bombarded with telemarketers, and all my antics i pull on them have no affect. I accused one guy of stealing my helmet and he sat on the phone for 20mins trying to convince me to buy a new roof. The next guy thought i was some Mr Schmiddy, (when thats not even CLOSE to our last name) ...he continued to wanna sell me car insurance after i had explained i cant see far enough to drive, let my cat talk to him AND used S**t talker .....its pathedic! and i have caller ID, they just dont stop ringing. Even after you say "take me off the list"

MadSkillzMan said:
Thats awesome....god thatd be soo useful right now, im being bombarded with telemarketers, and all my antics i pull on them have no affect. I accused one guy of stealing my helmet and he sat on the phone for 20mins trying to convince me to buy a new roof. The next guy thought i was some Mr Schmiddy, (when thats not even CLOSE to our last name) ...he continued to wanna sell me car insurance after i had explained i cant see far enough to drive, let my cat talk to him AND used S**t talker .....its pathedic! and i have caller ID, they just dont stop ringing. Even after you say "take me off the list"
I had the same problem, I was getting 8 - 10 telemarketers calling daily starting at 8:30 and ending at a 9:30 at night. I put my number on the NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY I believe they say it takes up to two months fo it to kick in. It's been about two months now and I havn't got a single call from one in quite a few weeks so it deffinetly works.

MadSkillzMan said:
Does that cost anything?

haha gone from getting some little b*****ds to getting rid of telemarketers

Nope, it's free.. You can also add your cell phone number :)......

Back