• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST "no hassle" water cooling solution?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glassblower

Hi my name is Joe.

I am new to these forums, and overclocking in general, so please go easy on me. :D

I have built my last two cpus, and have tweaked the bios and other software stuff, but have always been scared to modify the hardware. (mostly because it's so damn expensive!)

My current setup is:

Abit Th7-II Raid Mobo (I got the RAID one even though I didn't have a clue what that meant.) I bought this whole setup 2.5 years back and just had browsed overclocker forums, and that's what all the p4 guys were using.

P4 1.8 Northwood
512 Rdram
Ti 4600 ultra
WD 7200 rpm 8mb 80 GB
sound card etc..

My video card recently had the fan go bad, so after a few days of having the side of the case open with a patton industrail fan blowing into it, I got some cheap thermalke fan/hs, and modded it. I then got riva tuner and oced that thing.

It was fun, now im addicted to overclocking. :p

So I have basically decided on a setup, after talking to various irc pals, and reading lots on reviews, and benchmarks.

The one thing I haven't really decided on, basically because there are so many option, is a case/cooling setup.

The system I am going to get is comprised of the following:

1. Best reviewed socket 754 250 GB chipset at end of april, or mid may. (abit-asus?)

2. 3400+ 64 bit. (I want to oc this to at least 2.5 ghz)

3. 1024 mb Mushkin 2-2-2 special pc3200 (unless someone has a better suggestion for faster ram)

4. Geforce 6800 ultra, or x800, depending on which is faster. (waiting for x800 release! w00t.)

5. Dual 74 GB WD raptors in raid 0

6. DVD RW and DVD drive (need suggestions for good ones)

7. 550 watt antec psu

Now what case cooling solution?!, that is EASY! I have about 400 bux to spend on the case and cooling, but would like to only spend 300. I really want this vapochill xe case my friend wants me to get, but its 800 bux!

(No drilling my case, or other crazy mods, I am too busy to be worried about spending hours modding my case, and borrowing tools. :) )

Thank you for any help, and I'm sure I will see you around once I get my stuff, asking for more help on correctly taking this beast up to it's potential.

-Joe

;)

Watercooling! :D You can spend $300+ on a damn fine wc set up if you just take the time to look everything over. And if you take all the necessary percautions, it's pretty safe. Check out the watercooling forums here and see what you think.

Most people would probably trash the idea... but I've been planning to pick up a Koolance Exos. I think it's about as straight-forward a water cooling kit as you will find. They're about $200 and you'll need to buy your water blocks seperately.

Back