• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ready to make more holes in my case :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Hi all..

Im considering making more holes in my case ;) currently I have this setup...

SLK947 w 92mm 68cfm w\ voodooduct ;)
2x 80mm 39cfm intakes in lower front..
1x 80mm 53cfm intake in front behind hd's
2x 80mm 39cfm exhausts in rear below psu
1x 92mm 56cfm top blowhole

All fans are Panaflo except the one behind the hd's..

Normally I leave the 2 front intakes and the 2 rear exhausts cranked up.. and the hd fan like a little lower than full.. and the blowhole I have to lower cuz if I dont I hear a humming sound.. which I think is because I dont have enough intakes..

So this leads me to my current plan.. Im thinking of making a fan or two on the side panel.. I see that its good to have one on the side panel blowing on the cpu.. but would this affect the two exhaust fans in the rear.. ?

Or would it be better to put them low on the side panel ? or both on the cpu and the lower part ?

These are some mods I did which I got from this forum..:)

Also the pic are taken before I picked up Panaflo fans..

backfans.jpg

frontfans.jpg

I did make a square cut out on the mobo tray but didnt mount any fan there.. I guess that could be another addition..

Thanks for any ideas and help..:)

Thunda

sorry couldnt fit these in that post.. :)

blowhole.jpg

duct.jpg

Edit.. I also have a Artic Cooler on my video card now..

Hey Thunda, Take a look at this NEO back plate..Just in time for your mobo wall hole..Time to make it active, with a fan and the plate to expose the socket..Mattmolson is running his SP-97 without his back plate..I plan to either do like he did or get the neo plate..:)

CLICK HERE :p

archilochus said:
Hey Thunda, Take a look at this NEO back plate..Just in time for your mobo wall hole..Time to make it active, with a fan and the plate to expose the socket..Mattmolson is running his SP-97 without his back plate..I plan to either do like he did or get the neo plate..:)

CLICK HERE :p

Hey dude :)

Ya was thinking with a fan there the NEO plate would be better..

How did MattMolson mount it without a backplate ?

I havent kept up with your other modding thread after my last mod.. But do visit here and there.. I guess now with the hotter weather coming I wana prepare even tho Ill have AC..

Is all the info on the backplate fan there ? like making it intake or exhaust...and how to mount sink without a back plate ..

If so ill search there instead of making ya repeat things ;)

Thanks
Thunda

Well lets see.You might want to pick up on about page 35...:D or so..I did my mobo wall hole on page 40..Then the filter setup came after that..Fan blows in..:) the thread is on page 51 now.:drool:

Back