• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Ebay the best place to sell W/C items?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I read the forum policies just to make sure I can ask this, and I do think it is "legal" as long as I do not list any items. If I am wrong, please, let me know and I will delete this.
I have decided to go back to air cooling, so I have a bunch of stuff to get rid of, alot of it never used, just being accumiluated for a project. The Classifieds here do not look like they get alot of action, especially on the more high-end stuff. My only other guess would be Ebay. Has anyone had any luck with w/c stuff there? Any other ideas? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

[edit]
Who would have guessed that a posst like this would earn me the 5th Star ;)

I'll tell you what, list them in the classifieds here, they get _plenty_ of action. I'm in the market for watercooling parts right now myself.

Many ebayers won't know the true value of whatever you're selling, so you may not get as much for it.

Yes, I would agree to listing them in the classifieds first since this is OCforums and the people here are awesome! Plus there is plenty of action going on in there and I would first let the people here a crack at it first then if it doesn't sell goto ebay. :)

Let me say that I believe that this is one of the best comunties I have seen for computer modding and support right now. These people know what they are talking about. I would put your stuff up for sale here at OC first. I can almost garantee you that if your price is right, someone will jump on it in a heart beat. People on ebay don't know anything about alot of what we do. Many do not even know that you can water cool a computer and they have even a smaller clue on how to build a computer. Trust me you are going to have a beter chance with a comunity who knows what they are talking about and knows the true worth of a good WC system.

I consider the classifieds section of these forums infinitely safer than ebay. I'd start here and if no one is interested then move on to ebay.

PS: I'm not thread monitoring, because we all know not to try to make offers outside the classifieds section, right?

If you put moral issues aside (ie. Selling people crap stuff for lots of money because they are ignorant to how much its relly worth)

I would put The good stuff in the forums and poor stuff on eBay. Like if your selling a WhiteWater put it in the classifieds but if your selling a TT Aquarius put it on eBay;)

OK, I will give it a shot here first. I am off to the Classifieds

If they don't sell on the classifieds, you might try some other tech board FS/FT forums as well.

Back