• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Steel Battalion Controller, Modable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VAdept

Im getting SB soon and I REALLY REALLY want to find a way to have it so I can control PC stuff with it. It has a USB interface but ive looked for drivers for it and I can't find any? Has anyone ever heard of this being done? Anyone have expierence writing USB drivers here?

As in direct linking it to your usb port and using it as a controller? I bet you can use the bajillion buttons and map them to individual system commands. I dont know any, but i'm sure there are programs that let you run joystick buttons as mapped commands. So long as you can get your computer to recognize the buttons and switches and pedals and joysticks and... In other words, its a hardware hurdle, but once you get the hardware recognized, it should be pretty easy.

I'm sure someone here might know how to do it but I think I know an even better place. ;)
http://www.arcadecontrols.org/yabbse/index.php
Considering people have hooked everything up from Star Wars flight yokes to steering wheels, they might be able to helo you with that as well :p

Here's a little something I built with pointers from that site.
vios_arcade_CP.jpg

Daegon, check your PMs.

Back