• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unreal Tournament Frame Rates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goatzool

I am baffled after hours of playing around to fix a problem with UT frame rates.

I have a GeForce4 Ti4800SE card that worked great in a system with a p4 2.8, dual channel DDR400 and SATA Raid. My framerates were above 80 and the graphics were as good as I've ever seen.

I had a problem with SATA Raid and switched from an ASUS P4P800 deluxe to a Gigabyte 8K1100, thus moving from an 865PE chipset to the 875P chipset. My SATA Raid works better, but that may be because Intel revised its drivers for the ICH5R chipset.

Anyway, apart from the mobos the system is identical. My 3dMark2001 score is around 12,500, which is where it should be. But at first I could not get better than 38 fps in UT, which really sucked. I tried the UT patch. I tried everything Nvidia could offer in terms of adjustments. I rewrote entries in the .ini file(s). The only thing that gave me a better framerate was setting the monitor refresh rate to 100Mhz from 75Mhz. That got me to about 60fps, which is still disappointing.

Based on my 3dMark2001 score, I assume the problem has to be in UT itself. Also, on the downloaded UT demo I am getting frame rates of 170 now that I upped the refresh rate on the monitor. But UT itself remains crippled. Anyone have a suggestion?

PS, ignore my way out of date sig, I haven't got time to change it right now.

Back