• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me decide which memory to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonas007

Specs:

Abit IS7-E
[email protected], 5:4 divider
512 Corsair XMS, GAT @ a,n,a,d,d, 2-3-2-6
ATI 9800 Pro @ 440/355

I've tried everything under the sun to get this pc above 3.0ghz but nothing has worked. I have a feeling its my ram. When I was trying to get above 2.9ghz it was my ram holding me back. I had GAT set to a,a,a,a,a and it was only with disabling the last two options did I get to 3.0ghz, and it won't go any further. Not even trying single channel worked. My board only has up to 2.8v vdimm. I only want to spend $250 for RAM. What are your suggestions?

If you could spend $275 I would reccomend getting a gig of pc4200 off of komusa.com. Everyone seems to be loving it and I would probably end up buying it myself if I were to have an intel based system.

Yes, I did try a,n,a,d,d. Thats the only way I could get it to 3.0ghz.

i asked that question cause i had a similar prob with my komusa hyperram. i couldnt go past 295 fsb no matter what ratio i used and i knew my cpu was capable of 310+ with my bh6. i found that my memory was having a conflict with the gat timings. keeping in mind that u havent hit the cpu's max (highly unlikely), i suspect u have the same problem... did u also loosen up your timings to 3-4-4-8 and try 3/2 as well as 5/4?

Back