• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Almost Done Finally

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jbbumper

Registered
Well after 4 months of planning and building, here are some pics of my external setup, made from an old Enlight case. I decided to go with the CritiCool Resv instead of the one I made out of an electrical box. Then I got some of that VW/Audi antifreeze and changed. I'm waiting for my Nexus Lx, Fusion HL, Tweakmonster Vid Ram Sinks, and my UV Blue Hose. Already running with just the RBX and getting 26cpu/30 chipset at idle per MB monitor(Wish I could believe my probes,from what I've read they aren't very accurate). Sorry some of the photos aren't the greatest and I had 2 years of photography in HS. I Didn't have a Digi cam 30 years ago. We used a shoebox to make a camera. LOL
These may take a few minutes to view especially if you're 56K. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for all the info on this forum from all you experts out there. Any questions let me know. Thanks
Here we go!
http://sobcentral.com/Watercooler_Project/

It looks awesome dude. Good work:beer:. I'm thinking of getting some of those SilenX fans also so I'm interested in what you think of them too. Same with the criticool res and the VW antifreeze which I'm also thinking of getting for my first WC setup so let me know what you think of them if you don't mind :D. One more thing.... is that radiator off eBay? It looks like the one that I've seen this guy selling a bunch of there.

the criticool waterplant is good but get the 3in one unless u have alot of space. the 6in with the barbs are more than half the height of my lian mid tower case. I have to mount it outside and crap like that.

Thanks all!

what color did you decide to use for the water?
I used VW/Audi Blue antifreeze, distilled water, a little UV dye.

OOoo, silenx fans eh? how u look those?
I think you meant "like". They are pretty quiet at 7V, 12V is bearable to me. (Too much Rock music)

Is the paint wearing off of those clamps?
Yes, when I tightened them down the paint came off. I'll repaint them with a small brush when I get my new hoses on.

is that radiator off eBay?
It's a DangerDen double heater core with shroud. The Criticool resv is the 4" model, the 6" would have been a tight fit coming out the rear of the case.

where'd you get that box?
I made it from the Enlight case you see in the pics. I drilled all the rivets out and cut the frame down. The top is the original with the hole cut for the rad. I cut some of the middle out of the front cover and then plastic welded it and used some plastic repair material to smooth it out. If you look at the front view of the Enlight case and the new front cover near the bottom you can see the curve there. I used a drive bay cover for the switches. I used an old speaker grill for the front intake cover. Primed and painted all parts.

Back