• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused about flashing the 9800 bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NinjaZX6R

RAM Junkie
Hey guys,

This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure it out.

If I can run my 9800 pro at the XT speeds, why would I want to flash the bios? If I already have the speed, what does it accomplish running the 9800XT bios?

Thanks!

-Collin-

Have you read the thread regarding how to flash it to anb XT ? Pretty much... some better mem timings, the name obviously, overdrive =/ hmm well i guess if you wanted to sell it as an XT youd get more :p haha... umm read the thread:)

dude just leave it the way it is!!!, flashing it f--ks it all up. 9800 pro is THE card without flashing it, and also theres no way to enable the overdrive, 9800xt has a thermal diode on the core that the pro is missin. Im still out of town, ill be home in a week

If your Pro has an R360 core then there should be no ill affects to the soft-mod. My Sapphire card had an R360 core (most Sapphires do, but not all) and it flashed perfectly. However, it seems it was just a R360 on a Pro PCB, instead of an XT PCB that failed QC at XT speeds so I don't have any thermal diode or Overdrive :(.

twitch...get home soon man!

I think I will wait on the flash....as I would NEVER be able to replace the card if I damaged it. I would have to sell my girlfriend on ebay or something! No $$$$
-Collin-

Back