• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fans..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

Summer is comming and I need to keep my case temps as close to ambient as possible.. ambient will be around 25C since thats what we keep the air conditioner at.. Anyhow, my generics just won't do.. I have a 36cfm cathode clear sunbeam in the front, but the other 3 are just generics, probably about 15cfm each.. I am looking for some advice on which 8.0cm are the best for the value.. also, quietness is not that important, since I have fan controllers.. Any info is appreciated.. Should I just go with 3 smartfans2 like for my cpu?

EDIT: also, is it very important to have the same amount of airflow going in as going out? right now I have more air going in then out, but I try to equilize it with controllers. thanx in advance, i know there has been discussion about this before, but I want to hear some more opinions on advantages/disadvantages (like dust etc..) of too much in/out airflow.

I'm going to guess that you keep your ambient temp about the same year around since you have AC. If thats the case then the fans you are using now should work just as good when it is 100° or 0° outside.

Slightly positive airflow is what you should shoot for. Helps keep the dust out while maintaining good airflow.

If you're running AC in the summer your ambient won't change much so it won't be worth it unless you just want generally lower temps.

Removing the fan grids from the case is like getting new fans..You'll be able to feel more air from the fans without the restrictive fan grids..:) I use right cut, green handle, aviation tin snips to cut them out..Helps cut down on the fans noise too.Even if you get new fans it needs to be done,IMHO..

My case just has empty holes, so no grills at all.. well,I do have some nice dragon grills on there now, but only on the front, the rest are all empty (deity help whoever goes near that high speed fan and touches it, lol).. Anyhow, right now I have a positive airflow for sure, since I have 1 fan blowing 36cfm into the front, 2 fans each 15cfm blowing into the side, and then a fan at the back and a fan at the top blowing out at 15cfm.. also, the psu blows air out, but very little since it is a truepower and has temp control, i cannot make it blow harder, it thinks my temps are just fine, its hardly even turning.. anyhow, my temps are ok for now, when i open the window and it gets hot in here, the cpu can hit 60C on full load, but thats at 2.4ghz and 1.76V, and this rarely happens anyway. Is there a better cooling solution for my cpu then my current one? what is the largest and best fan that will fit onto my SK7 heatsink? I heard things about tornados etc..

Back