• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows media center.... anyone with experience?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MitchV

It basically looks like it's XP Pro with some additional features. Does anyone have any experience with this version of the OS? What hardware specs do you have? I see that there are OEM's offering these PCs, but I assume you can also build one yourself.

What would you recommend for a media PC? What did M$ lack? What kind of hardware did you use... did you have a remote?

I've seen it advertised and seen it on some comps in stores, but never used it myself. Why not go to M$'s site and read up on it a bit?

Installed it on my machine without problems, all my hardware (see below) was supported. I used standard Windows XP drivers for sound, video, lan, mobo and it worked fine.

The major addition is the TV viewing function. Couldnt test it since I dont have a TV Tuner right now but it seems alright. One thing you should consider is that MCE only supports TV tuners with hardware MPEG2 compression, like eVGA nvTV cards. Check this list for more details.

Back