• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Choices!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cerberus2k7

Drifto Mexicano
Ok, i'm angry and frustrated right now.

I have 3 mobos and no idea which one I should get.

Abit Ai7
Abit IC7-Max3
Asus P4C800-E-Deluxe

I plan on slapping a 3.0c SL6WU Malaysia on there because I've heard of some kick arse overclocking with them and I need a board that can handle the voltage as well as high FSB. Plan on watercooling this beast also. :D

So what say you!?

The AI7 might be you're best bet. It's probably got the least amount of prolems of the choices you gave. I personally havn't run the AI7, but I have the others. They're all great boards, but they have their quirks.

The IC7 still has memory problems when dealing with 5:4 divider to my knowledge.

The P4C800 has poor VCORE regulation, mine flucuates all the time. Furthermore, it's my understanding that the newer revisions of the board have trouble past the upper 280's FSB.

Nice avatar orthus, but i'm the only Cerberus ;)

The first mobo I was reading up on was the Ai7 when I wanted to upgrade, but back then, I was just going to get a 2.4c and overclock. But now I want the 3.0c so there a few new variables thrown into the decision mix. :(

hehe... I think there are a few of us Cerberi around here :) I had to settle for our little 2 headed brother Orthus, but couldn't find any pics of him :(

As for your mobo choices, I'd go ahead and get the AI7. It's the cheapeat of all your choices. It has a VDIMM of 3.2, larger than that of the P4C800 (2.85). It can easily do 250-60fsb, which would put a 3.0 in the ballpark of 3.8-3.9. I've got a friend that has hit 300fsb with his, so it most likely will be my next board unless something better comes out.

im hear to defend the asus board just like any mobo you have to update the bios and its fixed unstable Vcore o plz rma ur board then i have one for me ad one for my bro and he is a oc'er me not so mutch and he has his 2.8C at 3.8 stable with a cheap h2o sytem its tinny bit better than air

the only thing unstable about the P4C800-E
is the ppl that are abit ppl because once they use this boar thay see that abit is #2

nothing more to say

Yes, well the 3.0c model I have in mind, and from what other people have been able to hit, this puppy should hit 4ghz on air. So that's why I need something that can meet the requirements for a beefy overclock.

And also, what's the big diff between all of the P4C800 series?

syberspy@school said:
im hear to defend the asus board just like any mobo you have to update the bios and its fixed unstable Vcore o plz rma ur board then i have one for me ad one for my bro and he is a oc'er me not so mutch and he has his 2.8C at 3.8 stable with a cheap h2o sytem its tinny bit better than air

the only thing unstable about the P4C800-E
is the ppl that are abit ppl because once they use this boar thay see that abit is #2

nothing more to say

I run all kinds of boards and can find problems with many of them. There is no perfect board and as I said in my first post, all of the listed choices are great boards. I run my [email protected] on my P4C800ED, with no problems. I've run a [email protected] on an IC7 Max3.
I don't buy into the one board maker is better than the other mantra.

Well, I'm going to do some more research/asking around. But right now, it looks like the Ai7 is in first place.

My Asus board has a problem with dropping my Vcore for no reason at all! Im pulling my hair out here :bang head :bang head

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a huge con IMO because if you have a chip that can just overclock like mad and take all the voltage you can throw at it, I would want something that can hold stable at high voltage. So right now, it looks like...

1.Ai7
2.IC7-Max3
3.P4C800E-Deluxe

Back