• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting ready

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xr400r

Registered
I bought a Antec series II case that has a pair of 80mm fans in the rear and slots for a pair of them up front. It came with the rear 2 fans and I ordered the 2 for the front last night. I know I am going to need additional airflow so I am thinking about a sidepanel 92mm intake and a top 92mm exhaust.

Am I on the right track?

Last edited:
Most people certainly benefit from a top blow hole, since hot air rises.
As for the side panel intake, I would advise making temporary side panels from cardboard and experimenting to find the optimum place. Some people find over CPU is good yet for other it impedes temps.

thanks, what I am still trying to understand is if it is better to have more cfm in or out of the case. Since I am still researching it, I was going to just keep everything on an even keel.

SewerBeing said:
yes you are on the right track, but make sure you cut out those fan grids (or grills). And what fans are you thinking about ordering?

From what I have been reading and researching, the 92's for the case will probably be pana's.
The two 80's I ordered last night for the front were Antec Pro 80's
I also ordered a slk900 from new egg and a 92mm tornado for it. I know it's going to be loud, but the pc I am building now is strictly for learning to OC on a higher level(and farcry) :), but, I already have a sunon 92 if it gets too terrible

SewerBeing said:
the more in or out cfm question, its an opinion thing,

Ain't that the truth, I have read so much crap from both sides of the issue, it's not even funny

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS By using a fan controller on your case fans you can adjust your case pressure..:)
Be sure to use corrugated cardboard if you make a test side panel..As far as I know Radio Shack doesn't carry a rheo rated that high... www.allelectronics.com Item RHE-15 ...$1.65 each...:D
Tornado's rated at 12 watts / 1 amp..

Back