• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon AIW 9000 64 ddr question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

got a price match here in BC canada to Future Shop. Picked the AIW 9000 Pro up for the equal of say 105 US w tax. Is it a decent card , I will use the AIW features in time more so that gaming with the card but would a used 7500 AIW be a better route to go for cheaper?

CK

The 9000 is capable of playing the newest games on playable framerates. So if your a casual gamer and want to play a game from time to time, and willing to sacrafice the few extra dollars than go for the 9000. But for a comparison of the cards and see what one has over the other you can go here:

http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/

just check off the ALL-IN-WONDER 9000 PRO and ALL-IN-WONDER 7500 and click next, theres your chart. gl ati'n :p

yeah thx, I was hoping to see some owner feedback on their personal thoughts of the 9000 , cause my other choice is to buy the 7500 AIW used which I can get a great deal on.

CK

The 9000 is at the end of it's life. It may be able to play HL2 and stuff it lowest settings, but that will be as far as it goes. An 8500 would be a bit faster, and a 9600pro AIW would be MUCH faster, and last a while longer.

EDIT: Thats not a bad price though, but you may be happier with a tv card by Leadtek and a 9600, or maybe even a used 9700.

I've the AIW 9000 Pro, but it's only used for TV and PVR. Not much of a gaming card, but it will work in a pinch. All in all I happy with the card.

thx for feedback, i had thought about a tv tuner card but i need the aiw of some sort for a SFF unit. I was hoping to be able to use a herc pci sound card over onboard and the aiw card aiw card. the 9600 aiw is too much cash at this time, hmmm may be a 8500 aiw be a better choice used?

guess the 7500 is outa the picture cause I do know I will want to game occaisionally on my widescreen

ck

Back