• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

12V Droop after Vcore Droop Mod TT PurePower 480

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ClubScout

Registered
I did the Vdroop mod last weekend and now it seems that my 12V rail droops periodically. From what I understand, that shouldn't be a big deal as long as the 3.3V, and 5V rails are OK. Currently they read 5.107 and 3.396. I am using a TT Pure Power 480W PSU w/active PFC. Is the addition of the droop what is causing this? For the Vdroop mod I used 20 gauge wire and soldered to the blue dots. Could this cause a problem? My 12V drops to 11.5ish at lowest. This will go lower if I increase Vcore and Vdimm. So... if I need to do a PSU mod; please post a link. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

How are you measuring the voltages? If you are doing it through the motherboard sensors, those are not trustworthy. The only way to accurately measure the voltages is with a multimeter off the PSU lines. If you did use a multimeter, I have no clue of what the problem could be.

Back