• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s and 2400 tbred stuck at 2338

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prisoner1138

Ok, so far the best I can do is 167 with a multiplier of 14x with a vcore of 1.8

Now I got it to post once at 166 15x 1.825, but windows suddenly said a file was corrupt, backed it down to 14x and it booted fine. played with some options and kept getting sirens.

the cpu is an aiuhb btw. I'm just tryin to figure out what the hell I can do to get it running stable at 15x. the temp didn't shoot through the roof or anything, it's 42 degrees at 14x and only 44 degrees when i had it at 15x, that should be plenty cool still, right? i've spent hours fiddling with settings and i just dont get it.

edit:
ok, this thing is just totally bitchy. now it wants to run fine at 160 @15x @1.85v

is there a pci divider i'm not noticing or something here?

Last edited:
what ram are you running, with a NF7-S and some decent 3200 ram you should be at least up around 200 FSB. What heatsink do you have? and how much juice are you giving your memory? The PCI speed is locked on all NForce 2 boards so that shouldn't be your problem. also if I remember correctly (never had one) the 2400+ TBreds averaged out around 2400 mhz, some were better but most were around there.

-Ir0nman

the memory is cheap pc3200, replacing it is not an option(no more cash) and i know it's perfectly capable of running at least up to 180 from the last system it was in without upping the voltage at all, so going from 2.6-2.7 should be more than enough for 166

i'm lazy and dont feel like digging up the heatsink model number. not that it makes a difference because as i said, temps weren't the issue.

edit:

what the hell, the second i try to boot with my cpu speed 1mhz above 2400mhz, windows craps out. fsb and multiplier dont seem to matter, i just cant go above 2400, wtf. oh well..

Last edited:
Umm, no. I don't think you're getting the problem here. 2401 mhz seems to be a brick wall, and i'm trying to determine why it is I can't get past it.

and i know the case temp has nothing to do with it, i've never seen that go above 24 degrees. ~115cfm intake fan blowing directly across the radeon 9800 pro(and that oc's to 428/370 with stock cooling) drawing all the air up past the components through the ps, and out the back. stock nb hs is cool to the touch at 1.7v

btw, this is the hsf i have. http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...p_serial=HAC-V81&other_title=+HAC-V81+X-DREAM

altho since temperatures dont look like they're an issue, i dont see what difference getting a new one would made. even jacking the vcore up to 2.1 produces lockups and crap in windows, so i know it's not the voltage either.

Last edited:
Back