• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can you hear me now....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xr400r

Registered
LOL, man....is that freakin 92mm tornadno loud or what :)

I knew it was gonna be loud, and it is, but that sucker can move some air. I set it on top of my new 900 with some arctic silver 5 on the cpu and dropped 9 degrees c. under load. That from a stock amd hs and fan.

how do you deal with the noise, dosent ir drive you crazy??!! Why not just go WC, have better temps, and little noise??!! I dunno i have heard those and it drown almost everythign in the room.

DayUSeX said:
how do you deal with the noise, dosent ir drive you crazy??!! Why not just go WC, have better temps, and little noise??!! I dunno i have heard those and it drown almost everythign in the room.

Cause I am just getting my feet wet here... kinda easin' into the scene and I think water was to big a step for me to take :)
(but I like the concept)

germanjulian said:
since your not overclocking (i can see you sig and your pc2100 ram)
A papst or vantec stealth fan would do too.

I just started messing around with the voltage and fsb last night...so my intent is to do some overclocking :) and I do have a 92mm pana if it gets too bad...

Crap it was bad enough i had 2 tornados in my case when i was air cooling. 1 on the slk800 and the other in the front bottom of the case. That sucka was howling like mad. I could'nt sleep at nite, and my pc's are in the livingroom!. I traded the 'nados for a couple of SF2's. Best thing i did. It cost me a temp raise of about 2-3 c but it was worth it getting rid of that cursed howling.

LoL, when I first put the hs on last night, I put one of the pana's on it and thought to meself "that's not bad at all". Next thought was, "well the tornado can't be that much louder..."

Xr400r said:
LoL, when I first put the hs on last night, I put one of the pana's on it and thought to meself "that's not bad at all". Next thought was, "well the tornado can't be that much louder..."

LOL, i bet it was a surprise eh? :D

And How! :) But heck, it was only about 12 bucks from Newegg....and if it gets to be to much for my pc.....I can always use it to blow thunderclouds away if my yard does not need the rain :)

I have 3 tornados 2 x 80mm and 1x92mm a smart fan II, and two other ones, I love the tornados but the gf is annoyed by the sound so i'm gonna have to switch to panaflo fairly soon....probably will end up in the classifieds in the not too distant future.

Heh, I have a watercooled rig with one 5400 rpm (The HS fan for the Tt Volcano 12) in the side window & 2x60mm YS Tech (6800 RPM) for the video card........So much for a silent solution? I also have a 120mm Sunon for my rad.

Of course all is controlled by a fan controller so I can turn them up & down, but the 2x60mm will go full blast. Not that bad. I like my PC making noise. Plus the only time any of the fans are turned up loud is when I game & I wear headphones so......

Something to help the Tornado...I my tornado setup like this...when ran on 7v...can barely hear the 92mm...but witht he fick of a switch I ahve the full power when needed...

7v switch mod

Total cost for me was 3.00...price of the switch...I grabbed a 50amp car switch at the local radio shack...can actually handle up to 3 tornados if needed...4 if I really want to push the switch...

Back