• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow! Swiftech MCW6000 Beating the Big boys!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikhsub1

Unoriginal Macho Moderator
pHaestus over at procooling has a new graph up... the MCW6000 is whooping some booty. Props to Swiftech for their nice design and pricing on this block. Ya did good Bill! The graph is HERE. I am VERY impressed...

So now we have a wb that matches Cascade performance at low flow rates (MCW6000) and one that can match Cascade performance at high flow rates (TDX w/ #5 nozzle) but still no block that does so well across the board.

Still the MCW6000 makes me consider doing foolish things like using 3/8" ID hose and quick connects throughout the loop..

Oi, at that price it becomes really hard to justify the cost of one of the elite blocks.

Excellent work Mr. Adam's, looks like you have a winner on your hands.

Are they SO different? JoeC reports 1.00GPM results only. Joe tested TDX w/ #4 nozzle. I found #4nozzle on TDX to be equal to Whitewater at 1GPM, MCW6000 is also equal (more or less) to WW at 1GPM. So I guess they are (mostly) saying the same thing. One thing that is different in our results is the performance of the RBX. JoeC shows better performance than I do, but I had problems w/ the narrow base and getting reproducibly good mounts too.

You guys dont know about the MCW6002 yet? It has 1/2" fittings but the center inlet tapers to 3/8" for increased water velocity. Should be less restrictive and therefore be more effecient. Still very cheap and extremely promising.

sorry, i noticed a the difference in the rbx/mcw
on ur graph it shows:
mcw @ 1gph at around ~10.3deltaT
rbx @ 1gph at around ~11.5deltaT
on joeC the rbx owns mcw. what nozzle did u use on the rbx?

#1 on RBX. I have said several times that I don't like the RBX because of the narrow base. I really believe it fares better on test benches than it does on real PCs. Joe's tests reflect that to me (of course I'm biased by having said it already).

That's quite a nice block they have going there. Swiftech has done another good job. Decent price, good performance, no Y. I like it. :D

posted by pHaestus

So now we have a wb that matches Cascade performance at low flow rates (MCW6000) and one that can match Cascade performance at high flow rates (TDX w/ #5 nozzle) but still no block that does so well across the board.

I think Danger Den is going to be given a run for their money once the MCW6000 blocks really start to sell and get a good reputation in the community. The crummy Socket A mounting you mentioned is troublesome though.

Very interesting results, especially the MCW6000, and the Lumpy Channel block. I'm curious as to whether you've got any pictures of the Lumpy Channel block?

Thats some more great work, keep it up man! We all appreciate it a lot :)

Well I was going to switch to a WW this summer and go with 1/2 ID tubing and I wasnt really looking foward to it. Now I can keep my sweet 3/8 tubing :D. Swiftech rules.

Is there anywhere that shows the new swifty's design? or is it hush hush still ;) EDIT - found it on the swiftech website.

Have you put up a review yet, or is it still in the works, or not happening PH?

You're surely very dedicated, Its always a pleasure to read your reviews; they're the only ones I trust for sure.

Last edited:
Review will go up...eventually. I have to mortgage testing time for baby watching time so my wife can get some work done on her hobbies too. I have about 3-4 reviews to write and post now...one tonight and one late in the week is likely.

pHaestus said:
#1 on RBX. I have said several times that I don't like the RBX because of the narrow base. I really believe it fares better on test benches than it does on real PCs. Joe's tests reflect that to me (of course I'm biased by having said it already).

oooh i see what u mean, never realized that or remember reading it. thanks for explaining. i might consider teh mcw6000 1/2" fitting when it comes out then.

Back