• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blkdiamond, What happened?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fast420A

You won the contest for the board and also the CPU. I gave it a little bit and now look. :eek: You have no CPU's turning in work

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=blkdiamond

Did the plug get pulled do to higher ups or just because. Also there's 2 computers folding to no team like this.

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=blkdiamond=32

This looks like a mistake in the config file when setting up. Just trying to keep an eye on the winner of the contest to see if they stuck around. I shipped the board out tonight. I hope it works out well for you, hopefully folding as the contest was designed to have it end up that way.

Contests are a bit of a problem that way, however its quite likely he's just having a hickup in his production... Anyways, keep in mind that the idea is to promote folding and bring in more people, not just one winner. The possibility of the winner not sticking around long is very valid, however hopefully most people we attract by contests will stay.

yeah he was speeding up on me quickly, but its sad to see him go, hopefulyl he will come back and continue the fold, we could really use the incrase in production.

I lost that contest but I am still working on getting the 40 or 50 P3 1GHz folding in the computer labs at work! Come end of july they will all be p4 2.8s! Woo! :) (/prays for the higher ups to say yes)

i dont think someone decides to fold that much, and then looses interest that fast. my guess is hes already a folder, and switched over for the contest and is gone now. (i also mentioned it in the original contest thread)

zip22 said:
i dont think someone decides to fold that much, and then looses interest that fast. my guess is hes already a folder, and switched over for the contest and is gone now. (i also mentioned it in the original contest thread)

Not altogether unlikely, but how would we decide the intent of everyone participating in the contest?

My only idea is making a longer time limit that you must keep a certain amount of rigs folding for before the contest is won... That way the team gets the benefit of the production, whether the folder stays around or not.

Back