• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding using GTX1060 + gaming/folding using GTX 1070??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for reply. Specs are as follows:

CPU [email protected]
GPU GTX1060
MB ASUS Z170-A
RAM Cosair Vengence 2*8G @2900Mhz
SSD Sandisk Ultra II 960G
OS Windows 10 Pro

I hope this should help. I did some research and it looks like F@H does support multi-GPU setup for different GPUs.

Yes, you should be able to run two GPUs on that board without issues, just know your PCIe slots in use will be running at x8 instead of x16. This is barely a performance hit for gaming and isn't one for F@H.

Do you have these settings on your GPU slot?

clienttype.jpg
maxpacketsize.jpg

And don't forget passkey if you have not gotten 1 yet.

That is a good question. I never added any flags on my 970s or 7970 and they all seem to get the ppd they should be. Not sure how big of difference the flags make.

Thanks! Yeah, I did some research on that and it should be fine. But I'm still struggling to purchase another 1070 though. Time will tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I did have a 450W which could power my old R9 280X + 2600K @4.5G, strange huh. Maybe it's using its full capacity (peak output).

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.. But it is definitely an overkill for my hardware. I just purchased this from US months ago as it is much cheaper there than China (about 50% more expensive!!!!). And I thought it might be a good idea to invest in something that I can use for like 10 years. So I did it..

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, I think I have always had HX1000i listed in my sig. My Antec 450W PSU was abandoned long before I registered onto overclockers.com.

Back