• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dk Jedi Allianc

Hi

I just bougth a P4 2,6c from a friend. stepping is SL6WH malay. I am going to put it on a Soltek Mobo (SL-86SPE-L) with Intel 865 Chipset.

I have a box-cooler from a P4 3.0C and 512 pc-2700

PSU is a seasonic 300W wich can deliver 203W total on 3,3V and 5V combined

Now my question is: Is it possible to OC to 2,9-3,0 Ghz on this setup.
I know there is only one way: Try it! But what would you recommend???

Dk Jedi

Yeh you should hit 3.0 rather easy :). Will prob max out at 3.25 (most of them to for some reason) more than 3.25 and you are lucky :D

Although that PSU could be a problem, and or the mobo but you should be ok. Also you will have to run ratio on the ram to hit 3.0. :)

Good Luck

Yeah, 3 gig should be no problem for that CPU, but you might have to use the 3:2 memory ratio with that RAM.

Darn....My socalled friend told me the stepping was the above....Received it yesterday and stepping is SL6WH Philly :-/

Will this make a difference?

Oh, and I read about all the noise a box-cooler can provide....So I bougth a Zalman CNPS7000 A-Cu. Is this any good??

Dk Jedi

Ps I cant test yet, as I am still waiting on mobo..

Oh, and I read about all the noise a box-cooler can provide....So I bougth a Zalman CNPS7000 A-Cu. Is this any good??

Yeh, the zalmans are great. Run the fan at max speed for overclocking.

Back