• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Intel socket 775

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks nice, but I sure hope DDR2 comes down in price. I won't be able to upgrade to this mobo if DDR2....eeerrrrccccchh! Wait just a dad-gum minuite! It looks like it has come down in price and is very reasonable. Crucial DDR2 pc4300 512mb for $139!!!!

Wow! Now thats not too bad. Last month the same stick was reported to be sold at $299.

Its looking better & better! :D

krag said:
Looks nice, but I sure hope DDR2 comes down in price. I won't be able to upgrade to this mobo if DDR2....eeerrrrccccchh! Wait just a dad-gum minuite! It looks like it has come down in price and is very reasonable. Crucial DDR2 pc4300 512mb for $139!!!!

Wow! Now thats not too bad. Last month the same stick was reported to be sold at $299.

Its looking better & better! :D

Wow, is right! That's VERY competetive pricing to similar speed rated DDR1. Though the specs seem to imply possibly a bit more latency w/DDR2.

I pretty much 'wrote off' DDR2, for the immediate near future, but now I'm not so sure. At the least, it's getting interesting.

Maybe, despite Ed's front page surmising, the second half of the year may break us out of the current Intel doldrums. H***, when the P4C/865/875 combos broke out around June, last year, I went on a three machine buying spree. I primarily do DC, and the new combos were SETI monsters. I'm now bored-as-a-gourd, just waitin' around for D0 Pressies that never seem to materialize, and I REALLY need something to get excited about!

Never know...

Thanks for bringing the price changes to our attention.

Strat

Back