• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

64 Mobile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Muddy

Registered
IM thinking of getting a 64 bit processor, Is the mobile 64 unlocked? Is it worth it to get the mobile as opposed to the regular? Does it have the same characteristics as the regular mobiles? I have looked around and have not seen any who has really used the 64 mobile, so i am hesitant to buy it. Thanks for your replies.

The Mobile 64 is half locked in that you can reduce the multiplier but cannot increase it. The mobiles have a stepping of CG and are usually excellent OCer. So basically you wanna buy a board which can allow you to raise your FSB to say 270 or even 300. The newer 250 GB mobos has AGP/PCI locks too. I am looking to buy a new processor too and IMO mobiles are the way to go. Also plz refer to the sticky inside the AMD processors regarding A64 by hitechjb. It should answer just about all your questions.
And BTW welcome to the forums!

thanks, i understand now, i never saw the amd or intel sub forums, lol i just noticed them, this looks like a good forum to post at.

Back