• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vapochill on P4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Private Joker

Hi, I have a question, because I´m planing to buy a P4 system, which I like to overclock slightly...

As much as I read the speed of the P4 CPUs is mostly limited by its Vcore-issue (causing NSDS). Otherwise (if u could run it at 2V) you could easily reach 4GHz+ without much heat (water should do). So what sens does a Vapochill (and similar) cooling solutions on P4s make? I´m just curious...

The other question is: I´ve allready ordered a P4 2.8 M0 CPU (with P4C800). I decided to buy the new Coolermaster Hyper 6, because watercooling seemed to expensive to me.
Do I have to expect problems (heat) when running the CPU at, say 3.6GHz?
What is the limit with Aircooling (a very good one,though)?

And: Do you think there is a chance to attain 3.6GHz without being lucky to get a very good CPU? (At 1.65Vcore/Max)

your proc is going to run rather warm at that high fsb and voltage. I wouldn't say it isn't feasible, but your ambient temps are going to have to be low.

Back