• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jwmghf

Hi guys:

I am looking to purchase this board because I have heard that its a great board for overclocking. I am looking on Ebay at them and I see there is a ver. 2 of this board. I am wondering what the most recent version of this mobo is so I can buy it. (I searched the Asus website but couldn't find anything about this.)

I am also considering the Gigabyte 8A-KNXP rev. 2 as my motherboard. How do the two boards compare for overclocking?

Thanks,

jwmghf

Pretty sure Rev 2 is the latest for the Asus. That's what I have and it has been perfect since day1. Enjoy!

the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe & Abit IC7-Max3 are the best intel p4 boards around but i perfer the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe overall and yes Rev.2 should be the latest

rev 2 is the latest but i read in this forum that rev 1 was a better overclocker if u can find one.

im not sure if the p4c800e-d comes without onboard ethernet, i know some asus boards will come with and without it so keep an eye out for that.
i have 2 of the boards bought from newegg. they are great boards.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll go with the Asus!!!

jwmghf

Neither of you will be disappointed... they are an amazingly stable yet VERY overclockable board, with heaps of quality on-board features, should you need them.

Rev. 2.00 is the newest revision of the board. I've had three different P4C800-E deluxe boards: one was a rev. 1.02, one was a rev. 1.02 that had been manually modified to rev. 2.00 specifications, and the third was a native rev. 2.00 board. All three have given me almost identical results with respect to overclocking.

Back