• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can A7N8X v1.06 run at 400fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

Does anyone know if an A7N8X v1.xx can run at 400fsb? Even with that new BIOS 1007 update, asus tech still tells me that anything before v2.0 cannot hit 400fsb. Is this true? I dont wanna hafta swap into a NF7-S or somethin. $$$

Then i'd get to swapping. The board is great if you only want to run at stock speeds, lots of features. But soon as you try to get more out of it, it turns to crap.

I have the old 1.04 Board and over the last year i have Volt Modded, bought pc3200 mem, water cooled, changed CPU's.... All for not, as this thing is a turd. 10x180 is stable for me, any more and it's crap

ap673 said:
Does anyone know if an A7N8X v1.xx can run at 400fsb? Even with that new BIOS 1007 update, asus tech still tells me that anything before v2.0 cannot hit 400fsb. Is this true? I dont wanna hafta swap into a NF7-S or somethin. $$$

Iam running 11x202 on the first revision board with a locked 2500barton using the 1007 bios.

cpu.jpg

mobospec.jpg

Last edited:
Ya but notice that you have an A7N8X Deluxe, i just have a regular A7N8X, and some Corsair 512mb PC2700LLPT memory, that i think have bh-5 chips.

ap673 said:
Ya but notice that you have an A7N8X Deluxe, i just have a regular A7N8X, and some Corsair 512mb PC2700LLPT memory, that i think have bh-5 chips.

yeah but I could have swore that the only diff mainly was the added features, I could be wrong though. Just got done playing around with it some more and I am doing 210x11 now.

Last edited:
Now that I have had some time with the board and am now familiar with it (rev 1.04 deluxe) I am now at 200fsb in spec and it is stabile as can be. This is with an unlocked 2500 barton (see sig) and some Ultra (Ultra crap) memory. I had to lower the timings of the memory way back manually to get stabile at this fsb but it seems to be fine now. I am at 1.7v as well on the cpu.

TUK101 said:
Now that I have had some time with the board and am now familiar with it (rev 1.04 deluxe) I am now at 200fsb in spec and it is stabile as can be. This is with an unlocked 2500 barton (see sig) and some Ultra (Ultra crap) memory. I had to lower the timings of the memory way back manually to get stabile at this fsb but it seems to be fine now. I am at 1.7v as well on the cpu.

What bios version are you using, you might be able to get a lil more out of her using the new 1007 at least I was able to.

I know everyone is being nice but you cant hit 400 fsb. Maybe 200 fsb would be better to shoot for.

My deluxe is running 200 fsb with pc2100 ram. Have you tried to just have the cpu run 200 fsb and downclock the ram just to see if its the ram or mobo limiting you?

i've got an a7n8x non deluxe rev 1.006 with 1007 uber bios/ everything is wc/ pc 3200/ the works and i still cant even get to 180 stable :(

Ya see there is a difference between the non-deluxe and the deluxes. I got my A7N8X nondeluxe v1.06 last winter. I'm pretty sure now that they can only hit 380fsb stable. Even with that 1007 Bios update, looks like only the deluxes any version can run 400fsb.

I dont know about that I have same setup(2500xp bart and non dlx, 2x 512 2100 kingston @ 2700) in my girl comp. and I got it to 200 stock everything but it has 2100 and its my girl comp so stabilty is needed , almost took out that chip to put in nf7-m which cant do 200 without 1.95v. I see pretty good oc with it no lock apg or pci .

Back