• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand new pc from ipower problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

i7 7800x
Asus tuf x299 mark 2
2400 mhz ripsaw on dual channel
asus 1070 8gig
thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W Gold Fully Modular
windows 10 installed on ssd
Corsair Graphite 760T FullTower

Problem with pc

It sometimes, does not post (bios) nore boot into windows, monitors will be black, no lights to keyboard and mouse plug into usb 2.0

Sometimes it takes 10+ hold down power button then restart to boot, once bios boots, windows always comes next and pc works just fine.

If i restart pc i get more lucky with getting back into windows, if i do a shut down i get very unlucky and more so then not, its hard to get back into windows. I do eventually get back in, sometimes it might take 3 times or 5 times, sometimes it has taken 20 times.

Again, when im having this trouble I get 0 power to keyboard and mouse, and it will not even boot into bios. I hold down the power button to restart, once i do get into windows, pc works 100% fine.

Ipower said it can be a ssd issue, or motherboard issue...

Before i send this computer back what do you guys think? I really dont want to send it back unless if i have to put money into it, then of course i want to send it back.

I personally dont think its a ssd issue, because i cant even get into bios at times, no hdd/ssd i should be able to get into bios no matter what?
I also dont think its a gpu issue, because again im getting no power to keyboard/mouse *lights are off*
I have swap my ram around, still same problem, ive used 1 stick and rotated them..
I unplug everything and plugged it back in, yes i can build a pc my self with my eyes closed, my hands are really tied though so i tried to take a shortcut and just bought it from ipower *gulp*

Anyone have any information/tips for me before I do send this thing back to ipower ???

***UPDATE***

Motherboard throws up a white led indicator that says VGA in the manual, gpu seems fine though

Last edited:
Could be a mobo or psu issue. If it's not turning on or sending power to the keyboard or mouse then my guess it's one of those 2 things. I would disassemle it and reassemble it making sure everything is set correctly. Also if you haven't tried resetting the bios then I would try that too just remove the cmos battery and wait a few minutes. If non of that works then I would return it

it's store bought, do not take it apart please.

start by pulling the power cord out, open the side of the case, remove the cmos battery, it looks like a little silver coin, look at it pretty close so you put it in just the way it comes out, it has a + side and a - side.
let the rig sit for thirty minutes and put the battery back in and close it up and try it again.

Yes, reset the CMOS would be my first suggestion. As caddy daddy said you can take the battery out for a while and do it that way or there may be a button or jumper pins on the motherboard or a button in the I/O area at the back for this purpose. Did you buy this machine locally or was it shipped to you from somewhere distant? Make sure the RAM modules are thoroughly seated and the video card as well while your in there. Check to make sure both the 24 pin and the 8 pin power leads to the motherboard are seated securely.

send it back. get a refund. build your own haha. id say its likely either the mb or psu as well. if your familiar with building pcs. check out the power/reset/hdd led wires that connect to the mb from the case. make sure neither the power or reset button came loose. gl!

I did... everything seems fine, when the machine is on it works great no problems..

I just cant shut it off thats all.

Could be just a bad power switch, have you tried contacting customer support?

check to see if fan comes on in the psu when you try to turn it on and fails. if it will not spin than pull the big 20 pin connector from the mb and put a paperclip in the green and black wire holes on the connector. this will turn the psu on when you bridge the green and a black wire. if the fan spins the psu is perfect.

if that fails to be the problem...

look at the mb. remove the mb frome the case and in inspect it (front and back) with a close look maybe with a magnifier use a soft brush to move the dust off.
if there is a lot of junk anywhere on the mb then clean with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol let sit for 30 seconds then put it in the case and power it up.

it it stills fails...

sorry unless you bring it in to return it or get it fixed then you have to put up with the problem.

yes , i can ship the pc back and get it fxied free.. they said its a motherboard or ssd problem.

Which dont make sense, if i can get into windows and game on it all day long how is it the motherboard problem? and if its a ssd problem, then why cant I get into bios? you dont need a ssd or hd to get into bios.

Prob with sending it back is ill be out of the pc for about 20 days with having to ship it so far.

I almost would rather spend the money and fix it myself if i knew what the prob is.

have them ship you the new mb. its on their dime to ship to you so your not going to be out either way. if you find that the mb is in fact bad have them send you a return label. if it isnt the problem they can then send you a different new part until you find what it is.

have them ship you the new mb. its on their dime to ship to you so your not going to be out either way. if you find that the mb is in fact bad have them send you a return label. if it isnt the problem they can then send you a different new part until you find what it is.

what he said ^^^^
lol could not have put a better way

I tried that, they told me they would have to charge me first for it...

ive been thinking about doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

if it was a hardware prob though, why would pc run and be fine for 7 straight days..

its literally only only a a fully shutdown it has problems booting into bios/windows.. if mobo logo comes up, it goes into windwos 100% and starts up within 20 seconds. But more chances than not no logos come up and it stays a black display.

Ive never seen this before in a pc and im so stumped.

Yes a white led indicator comes on that says vga, im gonna update the OP with that information right now

I dont see anything wrong with the gpu though, esp since this is only on start up problem.

One thing you can try which is simple, not saying it'll fix it but might. In Windows, go to power plans >power options >choose what power buttons do >change settings that are currently unavailable >disable the fast start-up option.
You can also try changing the shutdown so that it actually shuts down. At desktop left-click anywhere to focus the pointer on the desktop. Then alt+F4 will bring up a Windows shutdown/restart window. This option will completely shut down all the background tasks that windows10 thinks you might want re-opened when you log back in.
I would also disable any fast boot options in BIOS

Last edited:
You weren't the first person to mention this idea.. someone else on a different place on the internet mention it lol.. Kinda funny someone else thought of the same thing.

I did try this idea already and didn't help, i disabled it in windows and bios.

Back