• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nec 930SB crt+SGI F180 18,1 TFT or one viewsonic vp201b 20" TFT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Halo_Master

Registered
I am in a little bit of trouble.
I decided my SGI F180 TFT was not suitable for playing games because of response time and it seemed the colours were slightly less vibrant than on a CRT. So i planned in getting a 19"CRT just for gaming and keep the SGI for websurfing/office xp applications. It can be done , but the space on my desk will be cramped.
After the review on www.gamepc.com of the viewsonic i fell in love with the styling of the 20"TFT from viewsonic, the vp201b. When the reviewer wrote it is a very good LCD for gaming. I started to wonder if i should get the viewsonic and sell my SGI.
Don't have the cash right now to buy the viewsonic and the NEC.
So i have to make a choice.
What are your opinions, are there any users of the viewsonic vp201b(or s) over here on these forums?what are your experiences playing games on that LCD?
Quite a dillema.

Chris Connolly (GamePC.com) said:
Well, I won't dodge the obvious. The Viewsonic VP201B is the best LCD monitor we've ever looked at here at the GamePC Labs. Honestly and truthfully, it brings together all of the advances which we've seen over the past years in LCD technology and combines them into a simply brilliant platform. It's slim, attractive, flexible, functional, and best of all, the screen is flat out perfect. The screen instantly leapfrogs all of the other large-screen LCD monitors we've seen in the past.

Just look around for some more user reviews. I’m sure you will find that it is a great monitor for gaming (as many others have).

In fact I ended up buying myself a vp171b today after reading so many good things about it. Should come sometime next week.

The vp201 is using the same panel that you can find in many other 20" lcd's that have a response time of 16ms. Cause for the moment it's the only 20" panel that has a response time of 16ms. So every 16ms 20"lcd is using the same panel (for now). So reading a review of one of the others lcd's such as dell, nec, hp, iiyama, ... can be pretty much the same.

Back