• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT and ULTRA out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dang how come the x800 looks more appealing now that these are so bloody expensive....

I'm not gonna pay more than regular retail for that card. :( I mean I will be buying a 6800GT but not over retail, I'll just wait till theres more availability. Sheesh....dam supply and demand lol.

old news. also, dont say "out", as in available, when its pre-order. got me all excited.

*Takes sip of coffee*

SPITTTOOOOOIIIEEE!!!!

Holy price gouging batman! That is pricey! I was looking at the GT because that looks like it has great promise for OCing, but wow. At the price of a x800xt Pe, I think I'm going to the switch to ATI.

$500 is a actually a pretty good price at launch for a 6800 Ultra, considering ATI cards have been just as expensive at launch.

I am thrilled to see that nvidia board partners are building the GT with dual DVI, a big plus imo. The prices will be down real fast so I'm not worried, I have no clue why anyone would want to preorder though when they can just buy it when it hits the stores for cheaper and still get it the same time.

hmmm I wonder where those 300 and 400 dollar prices went to . If I recall correctly those were the quoted MSRP's but I guess those will be the prices about 6 months from now.

Nightingale said:
hmmm I wonder where those 300 and 400 dollar prices went to . If I recall correctly those were the quoted MSRP's but I guess those will be the prices about 6 months from now.
When the cards are released, the MSRP price is $600 = 6800UltraExtreme, $500 = 6800Ultra, $400 = 6800GT, and $300 = 6800. That's what they are saying they should be, however, if the x800pro is any indication of whats to come, you can expect all the prices to be raised $50, seeing as the x800pro was MSRP at $400, but sells at $450.

yeah I noticed. Doesn't bother me because I am just going to pick up an Asus X800 Pro and if the core matches I will make it an XT( and even if not any of these cards would be great coming up from a 7500 AIW). They won me over with there package of games and goodies unless asus also comes out with an NV40 real soon. Gotta give it to Asus and MSI to make great packages.

Pake said:
When the cards are released, the MSRP price is $600 = 6800UltraExtreme, $500 = 6800Ultra, $400 = 6800GT, and $300 = 6800. That's what they are saying they should be, however, if the x800pro is any indication of whats to come, you can expect all the prices to be raised $50, seeing as the x800pro was MSRP at $400, but sells at $450.

the 6800Ultra Extreme isn't actualy that much, EVGA is selling theirs for $549.99, though right now supplies are so limited on them that they are doing a drawing every friday for a chance to buy one, 5 cards a week.

Which card compares to which??????

X800 pro to 6800GT
X800 XT to 6800 Ultra

Am i correct on this??????

yeah

x800 to 6800
x800pro to 6800GT
x800XT to 6800 Ultra
x800XT platinum to 6800 Ultra Extreme

The X800 Pro is available for well under 400 and has been for a while. I would not expect the 6800 GT to go down in price anytime soon because from what Ive read the yields on 6800 Ultra cores are extremely low...like thousands at best. So it looks like if you want to buy a 6800 retail, it will be a GT for the forseeable future, which means the price wont drop. Besides, there are many places selling FX 5950's well over 400 dollars right now which means nVidia's PR machine will be getting bonus's this year... :rolleyes:

Back