• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phone dialer + dial up modem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Avg

I tried to make a call using a dial up modem and I was able to dial but I couldn't listen to what the person on the other side was saying, how can I set up so I able to listen to the person thru my speakers?

I believe to use a modem as a phone you need one thats "voice" equipped/capable...I used to have one like that way back....it also had audio jacks on it for like a headset. Thats why you can hear them but they can't hear you, there's no working means of a microphone for your modem, at least thats what I'm thinking. Maybe there's software that makes a regular modem work that way, but I'd still think it'd have to be voice capable. Not too sure.

A voice capable modem? I'd assume at most any computer store....as for the software, its been so long I have no idea what is available or if it works with a non-voice modem....

Is there another way to record a phone interview and being able to edit it later?

Back